Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I tried Zumba for the first time last night...

Posted by   + Show Post

I went to a Zumba class last night and I loved it but I couldn't really get into it because it was my very first time ever doing Zumba. For those of you who take Zumba classes, how long did it take you to learn the moves and get a really good workout from it?

I wasn't sweating at all and according to my HRM I only burned 385 calories in an hour long class. I was expecting to burn more. And my sister who was with me was sweating like crazy! It was her first class but she does Zumba on her Wii so she knew a lot of the moves.

I'm going to keep going and hope I can get a better workout from it after I've been doing it for two or three weeks (I'm going to go twice a week).

Jamie

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Replies (11-20):
dani_0524
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:00 PM
It took me two classes to get used to it and don't worry so much about learning the moved jar have fun. I go with friends and they were so worried to getting the steps and 2 days later we Got a new routine Noe I attend xumba events been doing it for 2 yrs and love it!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HomeBizMum
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I went with a friend. It was good. A lot of fun, although I lack cooridination. good to hear you enjoyed it. Keep it up!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:40 PM

You'll catch on soon mama!  I've never tried it but I have faith in you!  Good luck!

momof5kiki
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 2:49 PM

my zumba instructor is great about showing you what to do.  Of course they also have some instructors that have more difficult steps.  You will catch on in no time.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:00 PM

I think I am going to try it now that we joined the JCC and they have it

RomansMommy0108
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:03 PM

I havent done a class, but I do it on Youtube. Their are tons of teachers who upload videos of their classes, I just search "Zumba with" and itll bring up a bunch, then I make a playlist and set a timer so I know how long I go for. It took me a few sessions to learn the moves, and get a really good workout, the key is even if your lost to keep moving at all times.

.Memers.
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Good idea about the youtube videos! Thank you!

Quoting RomansMommy0108:

I havent done a class, but I do it on Youtube. Their are tons of teachers who upload videos of their classes, I just search "Zumba with" and itll bring up a bunch, then I make a playlist and set a timer so I know how long I go for. It took me a few sessions to learn the moves, and get a really good workout, the key is even if your lost to keep moving at all times.

Jamie

AEP210
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:02 PM
I was pretty bad the first few classes but I quickly got the hang if it. I work up a good sweat but have no idea how many calories I burn. :(

I love Zumba. I go 3X a week. I prefer classes than the games.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FinanicallyFree
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Zumba is so much fun!!  Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it really quick.  Just have fun, like you're at a party :)

StephB060811
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I go and love love love it. It takes a couple weeks to start getting into the moves i go 2 times a week as well.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN