• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1200 calories

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:53 AM
  • 26 Replies

Does anyone know where i can find an easy 1200 calorie a day menu? I can burn water so i need it to be as easy as possible please. I was going on 2.5 weeks of no pop until today, yes dh brought home wendys with a coke and of course i drank it =[ i was doing really good too. Tomorrow will be a new day and out it goes again. I want to loose a couple of lbs to feel more comfortable working out.

Angie - Cloth diapering mama to JJ and Emily

Join us in the Family Fun group!
Family Fun

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:36 AM
1200 calories is normally way to low for most ppl to be eating. If you want we can do your bmr and find out your true calorie intake.
We need your height, weight, age and what you do for exercise.
I'm not near a computer (on mobile) but know someone will be able to help you in the morning. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:03 AM
1200 calories is way too low for healthy weightloss, you need to eat no less then your bmr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
melelaine
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:07 AM

I agree with JenDawn, way to low and your weight will make a big difference in how many calories you should

consume, too little can be dangerous and actually stunt your weightloss efforts.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:18 AM

I agree with these ladies- that's probably too few calories!  You don't have to starve in order to lose weight!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:45 AM

We can help you with your BMR...just need your height, weight, age, and # of days you workout each week.  1200 calories/day is NOT enough food, and your body needs food for fuel!  

Stefanie83
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:40 AM
I'd check out sparkpeople.com. They have recipes on there (I think ?) and calorie counting too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM

Can I ask how you arrived at 1200 calories? Have you had your BMR done? 

BMR or Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories your body needs to function and be inactive-think digestion, blood flow and organ functions.Once you add activity, you have to consume more to offset that activity.  If you eat too few calories, your body will go into starvation mode and begin to store fat as fuel instead of burning it. Your body will burn lean muscle mass instead and this muslce mass first comes from your heart, liver, lungs and brain. 

I would be happy to do your BMR for you so that you have a guideline of how many calories you should be consuming daily. I can tell you that most likely 1200 is too low for you. My BMR is over 1200 and I'm 36, 5'1" and 120 lbs. 

I need your age, height, weight and the number of days per week you plan on working out. 

As far as diet goes, this is what I would recommend concentrating on consuming: 

Lean proteins, whole grains, low fat dairy and tons of produce. 

If you are not tracking your calories, I would suggest using one of these sites: www.myfitnesspal.com, www.sparkpeople.com or www.livestrong.com

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

specialwingz
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Here is a BMR calculator so you can do it yourself.  I know some people, like myself, are shy about giving our true information to anyone else.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:01 PM

You're so right about that mama...some are shy about it, and it's totally okay!  Thanks for giving the link out:)

Quoting specialwingz:

Here is a BMR calculator so you can do it yourself.  I know some people, like myself, are shy about giving our true information to anyone else.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

graciebsgranny
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:03 PM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

We can help you with your BMR...just need your height, weight, age, and # of days you workout each week.  1200 calories/day is NOT enough food, and your body needs food for fuel!  

Can you help me too? I so seriously need to lose weight!! I've gained so much that it is literally hard for me to breathe?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)