Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

two weeks from today

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:29 AM
  • 16 Replies

March is going to be a busy month! I registered for a half marathon on the 18th last night :) Its mostly trail and it just appeared on the website I use to find races (its local). I decided to do it after yesterdays race went so well. After losing the baby I wasn't sure how Id feel racing and all that but it was really positive and I felt physically better then ever so now I can add in races here and there as I go. I was only going to do the handful of ones I had already committed too last fall (I know, 2012 was planned by mid October last year) and I'm glad that's not the case.

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Whoo hoo!! Have fun! I will be running a 5k on the 24th, April 14th, April 21st, Dh has the Warrior Dash on May 11th, he is running a 10K on July 4th and I am sure we will both get some more races in before our 1/2 that is in October. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Stefanie83
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM
:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Whoo hoo!! Have fun! I will be running a 5k on the 24th, April 14th, April 21st, Dh has the Warrior Dash on May 11th, he is running a 10K on July 4th and I am sure we will both get some more races in before our 1/2 that is in October. 

Awesome! Let me know about the warrior dash, I have 4 spartans and a full marathon planned. Starting in June and going therough Novemeber. Im sure I will fill in smaller races along the way. I dont think after all these years I like 5ks, I know I will do a few but I really like longer distances. I may focus on 10ks this year. I found one in June thats put on by the people who do the Humdinger.

AjCeCeMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Yay! I keep wanting to sign up for a race but I'm just not a runner. I try though, I try.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Yay! I keep wanting to sign up for a race but I'm just not a runner. I try though, I try.

Do it! Go to www.active.com and find a race in your area and register for it. Then, it will give you a reason to train for it. Races can be addictive! 

Claire

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:43 AM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Awesome! Let me know about the warrior dash, I have 4 spartans and a full marathon planned. Starting in June and going therough Novemeber. Im sure I will fill in smaller races along the way. I dont think after all these years I like 5ks, I know I will do a few but I really like longer distances. I may focus on 10ks this year. I found one in June thats put on by the people who do the Humdinger.

Dh LOVES the WD! He did it 2 years ago and had a blast. We missed it last year because our oldest was sick as was I and he didn't want us out in the bad weather since it was supposed to rain that day. We end up traveling to it as it is several hours from our house so we make a weekend and spend it in NC and take the time for Dh to do the Dash. He wants to do the Tough Mudder, Muddy Buddy and the Spartan next year here when it comes around again. He missed the TM this year since it was when we were leaving for the cruise. I am a weenie so I prefer road races instead of obstacles, so I stick with those. LOL 

Claire

reneawesley
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't have to be a runner. I am not and I did 2 last year one I walked and one I ran about 2 miles. I'm signed up for 2 again this yr. I try and ones that aren't very expensive or support a good cause.

Quoting AjCeCeMom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM

LOL you are NOT a weenie.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Dh LOVES the WD! He did it 2 years ago and had a blast. We missed it last year because our oldest was sick as was I and he didn't want us out in the bad weather since it was supposed to rain that day. We end up traveling to it as it is several hours from our house so we make a weekend and spend it in NC and take the time for Dh to do the Dash. He wants to do the Tough Mudder, Muddy Buddy and the Spartan next year here when it comes around again. He missed the TM this year since it was when we were leaving for the cruise. I am a weenie so I prefer road races instead of obstacles, so I stick with those. LOL 

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

You can do it!!  I want to find some trail races!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)