• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hypocrite

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM
  • 17 Replies
2 moms liked this

I am coming clean to all of you.. 

I am the BIGGEST hypocrite in the universe right now. *sigh*.... I have really allowed myself to slack...a lot over the past almost year actually. I have been using excuse after excuse for why I have gained some of my weight back...well, I'm over it. Seriously. My pants are getting tight and I REFUSE to go buy more pants. 

When I hit my goal weight in September 2010, I got down to 110 lbs and a size 0. I maintained that weight until last summer. I spent most of the summer at my mother's house in FL and well, my EXCUSE is that my mother lives by herself and only keeps junk in the house for the kids and eats out for almost every meal...yeah, I'm perfectly capable of going down the street to Publix and purchasing HEALTHY foods OR making good choices when we are out to eat... however, I did NOT do this enough. I have the perfect life down there- I can play golf, go running ( Oh my gosh...it is the PERFECT place to run as it is a golf cart community so I have no excuse not to go for a few mile run daily), there is a gym I can use for $4 a visit, AND I can go swimming ANY time I want to do so....ergh...instead, I was LAZY! I only ran a few times, never went to the gym, my idea of swimming was standing in the pool or sitting there with my Nook, and golfing never happened either. *face palm* 

Then, school started and I did well for the first 2 months getting up at 5 am and getting in an hour and then doing another hour at lunch, but dwindled when we went back to my mom's for a few days...got off track again.. then, I battled injury and illness constantly while training for my 1/2 marathon and then I ate like crap during the holidays. I have continued to work out- Turbo Jam and running.. HOWEVER- my diet SUCKS!!! 

I do eat lots of produce...but, I have been eating junk at night- Cheez its ( whole grain at least), nuts ( healthy, but too many add up in cals!), less fiber than normal, and well now it is Easter time and Karli talked me into 2 of my weaknesses at Easter ( I am normally not a sweets eater, but.....)- jelly beans and Peeps... granted Peeps are only 24 cals each, but again- ALL sugar and they add up. I started off eating well on the cruise...and then, I added Pina Coladas, Miami Vices, and other rum based drinks to the mix as well as desserts- hard to say no to the yummies on a cruise....bleh.. I only ran 1 time too! I did walk a lot, carry luggage and Karli as well as snorkel, but it wasn't enough to ward off the 6.8 lbs I gained... so, since last summer, I have gained 16.8 lbs!!! I lost 1.2 lbs this week- water weight from the sodium based foods on the cruise, but... now, I have 15 lbs to ditch to get back to my goal weight. 

I HAVE to exercise the will power and control I had the first time around when I lost 57 lbs in 9 months. This is ridiculous that I KNOW what to do, and tell all of you what to do daily, and yet I have NOT been walking the walk. It is unacceptable for me to act like this. So, it changes today. Period. 

I apologize to everyone for my lack of control and hypocrisy the past several months. I will strive to be the role model I used to be in this group. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:43 AM
2 moms liked this
Self awareness is the first step clAire. You can do this! I fell off in september and gained 10 back. I started back january 1st and since then I have lost the 10 and back to my orginal goal. We all fall off. Its coming back that counts momma ! Your strong you can and will do this.
Ps- no more peeps or jelly beans. :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

You are only human. HUGS now get back on the horse.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:54 AM
2 moms liked this

We love you no matter what!  We all go through these times (why do you think my journey has taken 2 years so far??).  It happens to the best of us.  You know what to do and how to do it- make it happen!!  Those Peeps and jelly beans aren't worth the calories- they don't taste as good as reaching your goal feels!!

group hug

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Stefanie83
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM
I don't think saying it's good to exercise more and eat better makes you a hypocrite. Telling people it's easy And you do it 365 might. Lol!!!!
When I joined the group you were doing 2 hours a day so I know you have it in you!! Gl!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crescentstar2
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Well just hope on up on this wagon. Lots of people fall off the wagon but there are loads of us on it so if you ever need a helping hand to get back up we are there to pull you on. :) cheesy I know lol but on another thought I think said wagon needs seat belts so people stop falling off it
momof5kiki
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

good luck to you....I wish I could say that I got thin and then fell off the wagon....I am a mess right now with all the work I am putting in :-(

Lesgerm
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:30 AM
2 moms liked this
Aww I'm sorry. I definitely don't think you're a hypocrite...we are all human and things like this come with the territory. I still think you are a huge inspiration!!!! Just get back on the horse momma you know you can do it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsTBailey
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:41 AM
This and we are all here for you claire! :-)

Quoting Lesgerm:

Aww I'm sorry. I definitely don't think you're a hypocrite...we are all human and things like this come with the territory. I still think you are a huge inspiration!!!! Just get back on the horse momma you know you can do it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JCakebread
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Don't be so hard  on yourself girl! You've helped me tremendously. We don't expect you to be  perfect at it, and  we want to be here to help encourage and support you as well. Good luck!!!!

Daisyducc
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this
I think human is a kinder word than hypocrite.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)