• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New with Questions :)

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
  • 23 Replies

In 2010 I lost close to 50 pounds. 2011 was an up and down joke. Now in 2012 I want to lose these last 60 pounds. They need to go :)

A little about me. Currently at 35 I sit at right at 200 pounds. (5'8).

My screen name describes me......a vegetarian runner. Well now I just have fun running but would someday like to be in shape enough to actually race and get some long races done.

I have been and did in '10 count calories on livestrong. It works for a while and then boom it doesn't enter frustration and then quiet usually followed by weight gain.....and if I was honest most times more then I lost.

I have lost this weight multiple times and it has to go and stay away this time! Before 2010 I always dieted, South Beach being the time I lost the most.

This time we totally revamped our diet as a family! Organic. Vegetarian. Lots of fruits and veggies. Yogurts. Cottage Cheese. Little eating out. Lots of home cooked meals. Little processed. Home made treats.

Lots of changes.

Enter question. Like I said I cut calories down to where livestrong has told me to. Right now "they" have me at 1300. And I have lost 16 pounds this year BUT now I sit. Sit right at 200 and not budging no matter how much i try.

So i joined this group a few days ago and have been reading the posts and decided to up my calories yesterday. Not really even count just make good food choices.

this morning. down 2.

SO i found a BMR calculator and it says 1671. so i changed my livestrong to 1670 (just because i like the round number!)

my question is working out. i will work out 30 mins somedays and somedays i will do 2 hours. it totally depends on the time I have. a 2 hour day would be 1 hour dvd (right now taebo) and then a run also.

so what does that mean for calories for that day? 

i figure if I run I burn about 125 calories a mile. if i walk 100 per mile. and then figure about 100 calories per 15 mins of a dvd. that is less then what livestrong or the tread mill tell me so i am guessing that i am close.

so basically my life story to ask the question in red lol!!!

THANKS LADIES!!!

2012 Goal......

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VeggieRunnerMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Do you up your calories based on how much you burn. livestrong has you eat what ever you are burning?

like when 1300 was the goal if I burn 200 it would have me eat 1500 that day.

make sense???

i am upping my calories this week and am curious to see what happens!

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:52 PM
So when you did your bmr did you factor in your exercise for the week or was that just the base amount calories for your body to function?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VeggieRunnerMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:57 PM

i don't remember it asking about exercise? so i am assuming just to function.

let me go find the link i used and double check!

Quoting jendawn1:

So when you did your bmr did you factor in your exercise for the week or was that just the base amount calories for your body to function?

2012 Goal......

VeggieRunnerMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:58 PM

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

yeah it doesn't ask about exercise here?!?! is there a better one to use?

VeggieRunnerMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 2:59 PM
VeggieRunnerMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM

so now it says 2590 if I pick this one "If you are moderatetely active (moderate exercise/sports 3-5 days/week) : Calorie-Calculation = BMR x 1.55"

So would i eat that everyday or just the days i work out?

holy crap I was eating well 1000 calories too little some days! no wonder i feel like a tired poo bag all the time!

VeggieRunnerMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:06 PM

so if I want to lose 2 pounds a week.....what does that mean for my number?

Sunseg
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM
I think you need to go one more page. I believe 2590 is how much calories you need to eat to maintain while exercising as much as you do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VeggieRunnerMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:09 PM

so will 2590 help lose or just maintain where i am?!?!?

2 pounds a week is the goal.....well i'd like that to be 10-15 but thinking that is way out there lol!!!!

Quoting Sunseg:

I think you need to go one more page. I believe 2590 is how much calories you need to eat to maintain while exercising as much as you do.

Sunseg
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:10 PM
You will have to minus 500-1000 cals from that #. So,you should shoot for 2090 or 1590.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)