Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wanted to cry

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
  • 14 Replies
I weighed myself last night and scale showed I am 158#. I felt sick to my stomach and wanted to cry at the same time. I weighed 130# a year ago and then quit smoking and here came the weight. Funny thing is...I only went up one pant size and 95% of my clothes still fit! How is that possible? I can tell I've gained cuz I feel heavier and my tummy roll has gotten bigger. I know I don't drink enough water due to the fact that I can't stand the taste of it. I need help getting motivated on exercising. Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:03 PM
Are there any types of exercise you enjoy? That makes a difference!! How are you eating? How you eat is about 80% of the battle.
You can do this!!! Just imagine how good getting back to your goal weight will feel! Good luck!!
othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 12:11 PM

Start with a few small changes and go from there. If you don't like water, have you tried the crystal light flavor things, they are pretty good.

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Start out with small changes and work your way up...how's your diet?  Clean eating with veggies, fruits, whole grains, and lean protein with plenty of water!  Good luck mama!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww....honey, you can do it! 

Find someting that you enjoy doing and it won't be a chore and instead you will look forward to doing it. Personally, I'm a runner and I also use Beachbody workouts exlusively. 

As far as diet goes, consuming lean proteins, whole grains, low fat dairy, and tons of produce will yield great results.

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

nlonnon
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM
You can do it! Sometimes it takes that "low" to give us a jump start.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenni_Lynne71
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments. You don't know how encouraging they are.:-) I'm thinking about jumping rope and I'm making it my goal to drink more water today and NO sweets, which are my downfall. Ugh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Quoting Jenni_Lynne71:

Thank you everyone for your comments. You don't know how encouraging they are.:-) I'm thinking about jumping rope and I'm making it my goal to drink more water today and NO sweets, which are my downfall. Ugh!

I think those are great small attainable goals to start out with! Good for you!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Jenni_Lynne71
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Thank you! I went and bought a jumprope yesterday after work...but didn't use it due to weather. Did get 20 ab crunches in tho. I'm out of shape plus have a bad back so that is all I could manage. Tried drinking plain water but ended up filling half of a 16oz cup with unsweet tea and rest of it with water and got 3 of those down. Didn't eat any sweets at all yesterday! :-).

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting Jenni_Lynne71:

I think those are great small attainable goals to start out with! Good for you!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM
You can do this! Just start small
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blest3
by on Mar. 6, 2012 at 9:01 AM
Whole fat dairy, as counterintuitive as it seems, is actually proven to be a better choice for losing weight. I have a hard time with water, too, so I drink green tea with a tiny amount of agave syrup to sweeten it. (agave is lower glycemic than regular sugar & tastes good to boot!) I also like to put fresh mint leaves in my water to flavor it. Very refreshing. Staying away from sugar is a big help for weight loss and overall health. Read those labels! It's hiding everywhere. I think u hav made a great start. I'm rootin' for you! We CAN DO THIS!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Awww....honey, you can do it! 

Find someting that you enjoy doing and it won't be a chore and instead you will look forward to doing it. Personally, I'm a runner and I also use Beachbody workouts exlusively. 

As far as diet goes, consuming lean proteins, whole grains, low fat dairy, and tons of produce will yield great results.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)