• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is splenda safe or not?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: do you think splenda is safe?

Options:

yes

no

unsure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

i drink coffee morning afternoon and sometimes at night. i usually put 2 packets of splenda in each cup. ive recently been trying to use other sweeteners (tried stevia in the raw, YUK)  because i hear that splenda is bad, im really grieving over my coffee with splenda and wonder what every one else thinks about it? or any other suggestions??

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amber7_marie
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 3:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Your body doesn't know how to break down fake sugar aka chemicals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
VeggieRunnerMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM

IMO no. We stay away from it.

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:17 PM

I can't stomach truvia, stevia, agave or sweet n low ( hate the taste of them). I use Splenda in my coffee but that is it. I don't use creamer or anything else and I don't use splenda in anything but my coffee... I use such a minimal amount of it daily that I am not too worried about it. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

haydsmom2007
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:28 PM

I don't know if I would call it "unsafe" ... I think it depends more on how much you consume. But I don't like it. It weirds me out eating that stuff because it was created in some chem lab somewhere lol... but I do have it every now and then. Only when it's already in something. I think splenda and all those different kinds taste really gross. My boyfriend puts splenda in his iced tea when we go out to eat *barf*

AjCeCeMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 4:38 PM
No, it's not safe at all. It's terrible for you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2012 at 5:47 PM

I'm with Claire on this...I use it in my morning coffee and that's it...not enough of it for it to matter in my opinion!

Quoting mcginnisc:

I can't stomach truvia, stevia, agave or sweet n low ( hate the taste of them). I use Splenda in my coffee but that is it. I don't use creamer or anything else and I don't use splenda in anything but my coffee... I use such a minimal amount of it daily that I am not too worried about it. 

kimmybaby
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:02 PM

see thats what im worried about, i only use it in my coffee also, nothing else..... but some days i drink 6 to 8 cups, which is 12 to 16 packets a day, is that enough to hurt me??

if i use real sugar instead, i use about a tablespoon per cup, which would be 6 to 8 tablespoons a day, ugh, wouldnt this be worse??

i know i should probably just stop drinking so much coffee, but ugh!! i really love my coffee :((

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)