Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight loss in only 4 minutes a day!

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM
  • 10 Replies
hi all,
I'm new to this group but glad I found it. I have been on a strict 1300 A day calorie diet with vigorous exercise for about 6 weeks with hardly any results. I was doing lots of cross training exercise which burns more fat than regular running etc. Still though I wasn't seeing enough results so I stumbled upon an on demand fitness workout called "tabat" look it up ladies! It is killer!!!!! So basically it requires a 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down but the concept is 20 seconds extreme heart pounding exercises like push ups as fast as you can or jump squats etc. Then you take only a 10 second rest and do another psycho 20 seconds, (this is repeated for 4 minutes) It is a very great conditioning exercise and burns calories for 36 hours after! I have been dropping weight like crazy!!!! Try this ladies!!!!! Any thoughts, anyone do this already? I feel like puking during it and can't catch my breath for like 20 minutes after, it's insanely effective and minimal time. Who wants to spend an hour at the gym, not me!
CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nlonnon
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this
No thanks! Puking and not being able to breathe just aren't my thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM

The type of exercise you're referring to is called high intensity interval training, and I do it everyday with Insanity...it's a great way to burn fat!  I will tell you that only eating 1300 calories per day is NOT enough food!  You need to eat more than that, especially if you're working out that much!  Do you know your BMR?  That's a good place to start.  

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Now I will say that I don't feel like vomiting every time I workout nor do I lose my breath either...

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I would caution you about eating only 1300 cals. It may not be enough to keep you above starvation mode if you are doing very intense workouts. Seriously, I'm a long distance runner as well as use Beachbody workouts ( Insanity, P90X, Turbo Jam, etc) and I consume much more than 1300...usually 1500-1900 calories per day. 

Why is your diet so strict? Just curious! 

I eat lean proteins, whole grains, tons of produce and low fat dairy and drink more than 1/2 my weight in water daily and manage to get my calories in daily. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:58 PM
I agree with these ladies. I do jillian micheals 30 day shred right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmcandmmh
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:13 PM
I am strict with my diet because it's always been hard to keep weight off and Now I'm eating whole wheat/whole grain etc. I have an app on my phone called "my fitness pal" so it keeps me in line as far as how Many sugar/carbs/fat/etc. I am allowed. I just try to plan out my small 6 meals so I don't go over those goals set. I may be eating too few, I'm going to give it a few days to see if I'm still loosing weight and if not I agree and will up it to like 1500. I like the high intensity because it just feels much more productive then anything else I've ever done. Much more than cross training. I've got about 10lbs to loose now and I have calculated my bmr and then minused 1000 from that to loose a healthy 2lbs per week. I am going to recalculate it tho to just make sure I'm staying in the right range.

Quoting mcginnisc:

I would caution you about eating only 1300 cals. It may not be enough to keep you above starvation mode if you are doing very intense workouts. Seriously, I'm a long distance runner as well as use Beachbody workouts ( Insanity, P90X, Turbo Jam, etc) and I consume much more than 1300...usually 1500-1900 calories per day. 

I eat lean proteins, whole grains, tons of produce and low fat dairy and drink more than 1/2 my weight in water daily and manage to get my calories in daily. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Quoting bmcandmmh:

I am strict with my diet because it's always been hard to keep weight off and Now I'm eating whole wheat/whole grain etc. I have an app on my phone called "my fitness pal" so it keeps me in line as far as how Many sugar/carbs/fat/etc. I am allowed. I just try to plan out my small 6 meals so I don't go over those goals set. I may be eating too few, I'm going to give it a few days to see if I'm still loosing weight and if not I agree and will up it to like 1500. I like the high intensity because it just feels much more productive then anything else I've ever done. Much more than cross training. I've got about 10lbs to loose now and I have calculated my bmr and then minused 1000 from that to loose a healthy 2lbs per week. I am going to recalculate it tho to just make sure I'm staying in the right range.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Gotcha...

I would definitely readjust if necessary. If subtracting 1000 cals takes you below your BMR BEFORE exercise, do NOT do it. It will put you into stravation mode. 

I do HIIT as well. It is a great workout. I do it as a runner and in my Beachbody workouts. I completely understand how great it feels! :-) 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

bmcandmmh
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM
Lol tell me If I calculated this correctly. I used an online calculator entering my height, weight, age, and gender it told me by current bmr is: 1365 then I multiply it according to my activity level which I rank as the 2nd highest activity level-> this is what i am: High (You exercise heavily (6-7 days per week) Calories Burned a Day = BMR x 1.725 so 1456 x 1.725 = 2511.6 - 1000 = 1511.6 then it gets confusing because there's also another method of calculation called rmr which gave me a resting number of like 1354. I'm going with what most of the actual BMR calcualtors said though. Lol. Too much math, making my head hurt. So is 1500 ok then? And that would be including exercise like not adding anything additional to that to make up say 200 burned calories. Does that make sense? Wait I put 1356 up above that's wrong that was from the rmr sorry it was the actual equation one (real bmr was like the 1450 whatever number sorry)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting bmcandmmh:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Gotcha...

I would definitely readjust if necessary. If subtracting 1000 cals takes you below your BMR BEFORE exercise, do NOT do it. It will put you into stravation mode. 

I do HIIT as well. It is a great workout. I do it as a runner and in my Beachbody workouts. I completely understand how great it feels! :-) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 5, 2012 at 4:56 AM

Okay, everything is correct with your numbers below except that I wouldn't subtract 1000 calories per day to lose 2 pounds per week...especially if you're exercising that much...I would just subtract 500 calories per day to lose 1 pound per week.  Your body  needs those calories and if you're really working out that hard and that much, you'll find that you won't lose weight by eating that few of calories each day.  

1456 x 1.725 = 2511

2511 - 500 = 2011

So, eat between 1456-2011, but you need to stay upwards of the higher end if you workout that much at that intensity!

Quoting bmcandmmh:

Lol tell me If I calculated this correctly. I used an online calculator entering my height, weight, age, and gender it told me by current bmr is: 1365 then I multiply it according to my activity level which I rank as the 2nd highest activity level-> this is what i am: High (You exercise heavily (6-7 days per week) Calories Burned a Day = BMR x 1.725 so 1456 x 1.725 = 2511.6 - 1000 = 1511.6 then it gets confusing because there's also another method of calculation called rmr which gave me a resting number of like 1354. I'm going with what most of the actual BMR calcualtors said though. Lol. Too much math, making my head hurt. So is 1500 ok then? And that would be including exercise like not adding anything additional to that to make up say 200 burned calories. Does that make sense? Wait I put 1356 up above that's wrong that was from the rmr sorry it was the actual equation one (real bmr was like the 1450 whatever number sorry)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting bmcandmmh:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Gotcha...

bmcandmmh
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 11:40 AM
Ok. Gotcha. Thanks so much!!! I will definetly post in a few weeks with my new weight and what I've lost! Thanks for being so helpful. It's fantastic this group is so supportive! Loosing weight definitely is difficult and so far I've had like no support. My husband refuses to try to eat healthier which doesn't help me! It's hard to have such good self control when your partner is eating candy in front of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)