Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to this group

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
Hi, my name is Brittany. I am also in the Jan2012 babies group. I had my twins preterm on November 28th 2011. At 31 weeks. I weighed 158 when I gave birth. I am at 143 now. I'm 5'1 and I am 21 yo. I feel like I am stuck at 143. Which suprises me bc I eat healthy for the most part and I am constantly up with my newborn twins and my 4 yo and 19 months old daughters. I haven't been really able to excersice per say yet. But my goal weight is 120-125. I hope that my weight loss journey will be successfully!
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:20 PM
Welcome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:28 PM
Welcome! Congrats on your new babies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 4, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Welcome to the group Brittany! Do you have a plan in place yet? Take it easy on exercise until you have been given the go ahead by your doctor, but find something you enjoy and it will be easier to stick with in the long run. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

reneawesley
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Welcome!

BDC
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:29 PM
I bought the Brazilian Butt Lift DVDs. So we will see how that goes. Also, I thought about eating about 1700 calories a day and either going for a jog/walking 30 minutes to an hour everyday. I also have been working my abs glutes, calf muscles, ham strings and rolling my shoulders periodically through the day. Also, if I have a couple of minutes I do crunches.

Quoting mcginnisc:

Welcome to the group Brittany! Do you have a plan in place yet? Take it easy on exercise until you have been given the go ahead by your doctor, but find something you enjoy and it will be easier to stick with in the long run. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Welcome, Brittany!
Are you breastfeeding? If so, you need more calories to make plenty of milk! Are you planning to track your food online? Do you know about sparkpeople.com, myfitnesspal.com or livestrong.com?
Your workout plan sounds good! Don't forget to take a rest day at least once a week, and get as much sleep as life will allow with 4 kids!
Good luck mama!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

mahREEah
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:55 AM

Welcome And  Congrats

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:02 AM

Welcome to the group:)  Sounds like you have a great plan in place mama!  Good for you!  Do you know your BMR?  You've provided enough info for me to do your BMR for you in case you don't know it:)

BMR = 1465

1465 x 1.375 (working out 1-3 days/week) = 2014

To lose 1 pound per week, 2014-500=1514

So, you need to eat between 1465-1514...now, IF you're BFing, you need to eat closer to 2000 calories per day (extra 500) to support your milk supply...make sense?

Quoting BDC:

I bought the Brazilian Butt Lift DVDs. So we will see how that goes. Also, I thought about eating about 1700 calories a day and either going for a jog/walking 30 minutes to an hour everyday. I also have been working my abs glutes, calf muscles, ham strings and rolling my shoulders periodically through the day. Also, if I have a couple of minutes I do crunches.

Quoting mcginnisc:

BDC
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Thanks!!! I am breast feeding that why I try to drink plenty of water. I hardley ever drink soda and I also drink organic fruit and vegetables juices. I have so far been lucky to not have any problems with my supply. If anything I think I make to much milk bc my breasts are always full it seems.

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Welcome to the group:)  Sounds like you have a great plan in place mama!  Good for you!  Do you know your BMR?  You've provided enough info for me to do your BMR for you in case you don't know it:)

BMR = 1465

1465 x 1.375 (working out 1-3 days/week) = 2014

To lose 1 pound per week, 2014-500=1514

So, you need to eat between 1465-1514...now, IF you're BFing, you need to eat closer to 2000 calories per day (extra 500) to support your milk supply...make sense?

Quoting BDC:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BDC
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 9:17 AM
I had no idea about the websites!!! I didn't even think about tracking my food.

Quoting musicpisces:

Welcome, Brittany!

Are you breastfeeding? If so, you need more calories to make plenty of milk! Are you planning to track your food online? Do you know about sparkpeople.com, myfitnesspal.com or livestrong.com?

Your workout plan sounds good! Don't forget to take a rest day at least once a week, and get as much sleep as life will allow with 4 kids!

Good luck mama!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)