Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

P90x

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
Tell me your.experiences with it! My hub just got it for free abd I kibda wanna jump in for the.ride. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LLL72011
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 10:49 PM

My boyfriend is giving me a copy I will be starting next week...

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:12 AM

I hope to start it once I'm doing with Insanity this month:)  There are several ladies who've done it here, so they will for sure stop by this post and comment on it!  Good luck mama!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 5, 2012 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this

It is a pretty good program. It is a 90 day weight based program so you need weights or bands and a pull up bar. There are 3 days of weights, 2 days of cardio and 1 day of Yoga. 

I did not lose any weight when I did it, but I was already a healthy weight when I started. My arms and back looked amazing when I finished though! 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:24 AM
What size hand weights would you recommend for me when I do this? I've pretty much decided that I'm going to do P90X starting in April! I'm excited! We have a pull up bar that has a permanent place in the doorway of our TV room since Jeff uses it daily! Lol! I have 3 & 6 pound hand weights...should I buy something different?

Quoting mcginnisc:

It is a pretty good program. It is a 90 day weight based program so you need weights or bands and a pull up bar. There are 3 days of weights, 2 days of cardio and 1 day of Yoga. 

I did not lose any weight when I did it, but I was already a healthy weight when I started. My arms and back looked amazing when I finished though! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Mar. 5, 2012 at 7:30 AM

Quoting darbyakeep45:

What size hand weights would you recommend for me when I do this? I've pretty much decided that I'm going to do P90X starting in April! I'm excited! We have a pull up bar that has a permanent place in the doorway of our TV room since Jeff uses it daily! Lol! I have 3 & 6 pound hand weights...should I buy something different?

Quoting mcginnisc:

I use 3s, 5s, 10s and 12s....you are going to need at least 2 more pair of weights as one workout requires you to start with the heaviest weights and go down in lbs 3 times ( a total of 4 sets of weights)...I would go with 8s, 10s or 12s...

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)