• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much weight do you lose on average?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM
  • 14 Replies
I am sloooow losing weight, I have lost 5 lbs in 2 months and it's a bit frustrating. I wish I could do 1 lb a week but my body doesn't cooperate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crwspringer
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I am really slow at it too. It is really frustrating. I joined weight watchers in September and have lost 11 lbs. it gets upsetting to see all these people who have lost 2 and 3 times the weight that I have in the same amount of time, but I figure that time is going to tick on wether I am losing weight or not. So in 6 months if I have lost 10 lbs, that is better than me losing none.
Just try to keep your head up and stay positive.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:10 AM
3 moms liked this
5 pounds is still 5 pounds you're not carrying!! That's awesome!!
I've been on my journey for 2 years (as of last month), and I've lost 86 lbs so far. So that's a little more than 3 lbs per month. Some months have been really good for me, others not so much! But ultimately, the numbers keep going down, and I can live with that. I wish it were faster, too, but on the bright side, I have VERY little loose skin because it's been so slow. I am much healthier (my blood pressure was getting high, and it's back to normal), and my 3 year old has to try to keep up with ME! LOL Weight loss is a very frustrating process, which is why so many people give up so fast, or never even start. It takes forever to really SEE the results, too, which doesn't exactly motivate you!! But now, I can see the difference. I can't believe how big my old pants are. I'm digging out clothes that I've had boxed up since 2004! I'm allowing myself to buy "skinny" or "goal" clothes, because I WILL fit into them (and I'm already fitting into stuff I bought before this way!).
You ARE succeeding!! You're doing it right, and you will get there, mama. Try to be patient with your body, and just keep doing the work! You've got this!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Mar. 5, 2012 at 5:05 AM

I agree with Suzanne....losing is losing!  Keep going and don't give up  mama!  You can do this!

nlonnon
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM
5 pounds is 5 pounds! For me it varies. Some weeks I lose ounces and some weeks I lose 2 pounds. And weeks where I slack I can even gain.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wiferichie
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:12 PM

i've only lost 6lbs in 2 months. I agree, it is frustrating, but at least i am 6lbs lighter now! 

JCakebread
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was 190 I was loosing 2 pounds a week, but as I have gotten closer to my goal weight that's gone down. Last month I lost 6 pounds. The month before that it was 3 pounds. It's very frustrating when it's comming off slowly, but it's the healthiest way to do it!!! Keep up the good work!!!!

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:33 PM

I seem to lose 0.5 a week on average.  Less than that even now that I am getting closer to goal.  But they say that is the healthiest and most likely to last type of weight loss.

PrincessPeach06
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:36 PM
It took me 7 months to lose 30 pounds, although I wasn't huge or anything so I probably lost weight slower then most

My weight loss was weird, I would stay the same for a couple weeks then suddenly be 5 pounds lighter overnight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
paaepae
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:41 PM

I've lost 6lbs since October,. so I loose about a pound a month. My body clings to my fat, and my metabolism is crap. :( But it is better then nothing.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Its still weight off!! :) Stay positive!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)