Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Meet Courtney Cates & learn a little about her & how u might b able 2 help

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: If u lessen stress do u think u can u lessen your weight?

Options:

Yes! Your opinion

No! Y not?

Not quite sure

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

Hello!  My name is Courtney Cates!  I am 29 yrs old & engaged 2 a wonderful, hardworking man, father of my young 3 month old son!  I have 2 sons, oldest is Christopher who is 11 & in advanced classes n 6th grade & still bored!  My 2nd son is 3 months old, named Kallyn who already has his 1st tooth & is cutting another 1!!  I still have the baby weight that needs to come off!

B4 I had Christopher, my weight was always btwn 125-135lbs.  After Christopher it was btwn 135-145lbs.  Now that I've had Kallyn, my pregnancy weight reached the 200lb mark & I was horrified!  Now that I've had him, my doctor told me that I am unhealthy and really need 2 lose weight.  I am btwn 195-200lbs now & I hate it!!  I love my curves but I need my belly 2 go away & I need to tone up.  I started working out yesterday (March 5, 2012) & I've never been so determined.  That 1st workout gave me a lot of energy & made me feel very good about myself.  4 Lent, I decided 2 give up fast food (except chicken) which I plan 2 stick with!  Christopher's is soda & he's doing a wonderful job @ it!  What r u giving up?  Is it hard 4 u??  I have been looking up healthy recipes 4 dinner time.  Love the new dishes!

Do you have any healthy tips 4 me?  Do you have something going 4 u that has worked wonders 4 u?

I do have a lot of stress which I know can cause weight gain, trying 2 lessen the stress but it's been hard!  Do u have any tips 4 reducing stress?  My release is to write.  I keep a journal that I try to write n daily.  Sometimes I'll write poems about how I feel (love poetry), but 4 the past few yrs, they've been depressing.

So now that you know a little bit about who Courtney Cates is, what do u think?  Do u have any advice or words of wisdom or encouragement 4 me?  I would greatly appreciate any feedback!  Glad to b here on CafeMom!!  This is me & Kallyn....my highest weight yet.  Very unhappy! 

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:50 AM
3 moms liked this

Welcome, Courtney!

Reducing stress will definitely make a difference- your outlet for that stress can, too.  For me, it's running.  It wasn't when I started this journey- at 269 lbs!  But it's certainly helped me along this journey!

Eating better, believe it or not, actually helps reduce your stress and just makes you feel better overall.  I eat clean, which has helped me lose 86 lbs so far.  No fast food, no processed foods, no refined sugars, lots of produce and lean proteins, and plenty of water.  Small frequent meals (you don't have to starve!) keep your metabolism revved up.

Also, tracking your food on a site like sparkpeople.com, myfitnesspal.com, or livestrong.com (all free and all have apps!) makes a HUGE difference.  The accountability alone can make you change the way you eat.

Meal planning really helps keep you on track.  On days when you know things are going to be hectic (practically every day, I know!), you can plan on quick easy stuff that's healthy, so you're not adding the stress of trying to figure out food.

If you can provide us some info, we can calculate your BMR for you, and give you a healthy calorie range for weight loss.  It's good to have this redone about every 5-10 lbs.  Most members do/have done this, and we all see good results!  We'll just need your height, weight, age, and how much you work out.

Keep up the exercise!!  Be careful not to burn yourself out by going balls to the wall from the start- do something you can stick with, and that you ENJOY!!  It's very energizing, especially once it's part of your routine!!

Here is a journal I posted awhile back with some general weight loss tips (many of them are already posted here).

I hope this helps some!  You're in the right place mama!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

nlonnon
by Tasha on Mar. 7, 2012 at 9:48 AM

Stress doesn't help that's for sure.  I find the less stress I am under it is easier for me to make good choices and to actually get my workouts done.  When I am stressed I tend to slack on those things, which in turn leads to slower or no weight loss.

JCakebread
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this

WOrking out is the number 1 thing that helps me let go of stress. Once your stress is under control  it's easier to make good decisions in regards to your weight loss!!! Good luck!!!!!!!!!

MrsNewk
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Well thank u 4 resonding & giving me the positive feedback!! My height is 5'8'', 200 lbs & I just started working out on Monday.

MrsNewk
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:40 AM

Thank u 4 your feedback!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:23 PM

Quoting MrsNewk:

Well thank u 4 resonding & giving me the positive feedback!! My height is 5'8'', 200 lbs & I just started working out on Monday.

BMR: 1708

To maintain your current weight while working out 1-3 days/week: 1708 x 1.375 = 2348

2348-500=1848

To lose 1 lb per week (healthy weight loss) while working out 1-3 days/week, consume 1708-1848 calories per day.

To maintain your current weight while working out 3-5 days/week: 1708 x 1.55 = 2647

2647-500=2147

To lose 1 lb per week while working out 3-5 days/week, consume 1708-2147 calories per day.

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

MrsNewk
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Thank you, I definitely will try sticking with that!  Im going to do 3 a week then after a few wks, move up to 5 times a week, thanks so much!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)