Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop... Just do it!!

Posted by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM
  • 93 Replies
4 moms liked this

Hello! I'm Amber, a 29yr old single mom of 3 awesomesauce kiddos and we have 1 pain in the toosh boxer/lab dog!! 

I've always had issues with my weight. When I was in middle school, I started getting teased by the popular kids for being fat and ugly. In reality, I wasn't that big at all!! I even remember the exact moment that I decided to stop wearing shorts because of this one new popular girl at school in 7th grade. It was horrible and I hated school after all of that.

At this moment, I weigh the most I have ever weighed since my 1st pregnancy. I weigh 40 more lbs than I did when I first met my bf 3yrs ago. He doesn't mind it but I DO! I don't mind being "plus sized". I don't want to be super skinny. What I really want is to be healthy for myself and my kids.  

My most recent wake up call was on Monday morning. I decided I wanted to weigh myself and see where I was at. I stepped onto the scale and my jaw dropped!! I basically gained 20lbs in a lil over one month! I felt like such a fatass. That gave me a lil bit of motivation to start over again!! I went out and bought myself a heart rate monitor. Hoping that will motivate me as well!

I weigh 260lbs right now. My goal weight loss is between 75-110lbs. I'm not totally sure how I am going to get there. Baby steps and perserverance right?

My biggest hurdle is my period! It brings me crashing down every single time! My second biggest hurdle is motivation. I can motivate others just not myself. My third biggest hurdle is just being lazy and eating too much. I also need accountability. 

The 30 Day Shred was the dvd I was using about 2 months ago. Here recently, I have decided to start the Couch 2 5k program. I found out there are TWO 5k's coming up here in KC that I really would love to do!! I know that if I am paying to do this, I WILL have to train for it!! I am logging my meals and exercise on myfitnesspal.com as well.

I don't want to be this size or feel this crappy anymore!! It's definitely time for a change.

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crescentstar2
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi and welcome to the Group! Little steps are key think of it like compound interest, every lil bit adds up :)

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
momof5kiki
by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 8:41 PM
1 mom liked this

You can do it!  We all have to start somewhere.  Your first step on your journey was realizing that you needed to loose weight and finding us :-)  Everyone here is awesome so I hop that you stick around .

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 7, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Thank you ladies!! 

So, I've got another issue. I have pitting edema right now. Not sure why. I'm going to call my doc up tomorrow morning and see if I can get an appt and figure out whats going on. Hopefully its nothing serious! I really don't want anymore stress. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Doc appt at 3:15pm today!! Hopefully its just my weight and stress. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 9, 2012 at 10:18 AM

My doc thinks it could be a few things. She wanted to know if I snore or stop breathing in my sleep, if so then it might be sleep apnea. They stole my blood and urine to check me for diabetes and my thyroid. 

I'm kind of nervous to find out if there really is a problem or if its just my weight and stress. Either way, I'm going to be working out and taking care of my weight. 

It's first day of spring break for my kids SO I have to find something to do with them to get them outside. Its so nice outside finally!

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 10, 2012 at 9:40 PM

Just completed C25k week 1 day 1!!

Burned 382 cals according to my HRM. 

My chest hurts but I am feeling good!! I couldn't do the break past 50 seconds on the jogging but I'm sure after the next day I will!! 

MamaNeeNee
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I am on wk 8! It gets better *promise* :) I didn't think I could do it but my race is only 1 week away now :) good luck mama!!

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Just completed C25k week 1 day 1!!

Burned 382 cals according to my HRM. 

My chest hurts but I am feeling good!! I couldn't do the break past 50 seconds on the jogging but I'm sure after the next day I will!! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM

Oooo.  i hope it's not cellulitis!  Good luck! 

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Thank you ladies!! 

So, I've got another issue. I have pitting edema right now. Not sure why. I'm going to call my doc up tomorrow morning and see if I can get an appt and figure out whats going on. Hopefully its nothing serious! I really don't want anymore stress. 

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck hun!  You can do it.  I have sciatica and the beginnings of arthritis, I can't jog/run - so I Zumba. It's great fun

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Nope, no rash. Just a lot of swelling. I got water pills and its been helping but I keep swelling back up. So weird.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Oooo.  i hope it's not cellulitis!  Good luck! 

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Thank you ladies!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN