Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop... Just do it!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello! I'm Amber, a 29yr old single mom of 3 awesomesauce kiddos and we have 1 pain in the toosh boxer/lab dog!! 

I've always had issues with my weight. When I was in middle school, I started getting teased by the popular kids for being fat and ugly. In reality, I wasn't that big at all!! I even remember the exact moment that I decided to stop wearing shorts because of this one new popular girl at school in 7th grade. It was horrible and I hated school after all of that.

At this moment, I weigh the most I have ever weighed since my 1st pregnancy. I weigh 40 more lbs than I did when I first met my bf 3yrs ago. He doesn't mind it but I DO! I don't mind being "plus sized". I don't want to be super skinny. What I really want is to be healthy for myself and my kids.  

My most recent wake up call was on Monday morning. I decided I wanted to weigh myself and see where I was at. I stepped onto the scale and my jaw dropped!! I basically gained 20lbs in a lil over one month! I felt like such a fatass. That gave me a lil bit of motivation to start over again!! I went out and bought myself a heart rate monitor. Hoping that will motivate me as well!

I weigh 260lbs right now. My goal weight loss is between 75-110lbs. I'm not totally sure how I am going to get there. Baby steps and perserverance right?

My biggest hurdle is my period! It brings me crashing down every single time! My second biggest hurdle is motivation. I can motivate others just not myself. My third biggest hurdle is just being lazy and eating too much. I also need accountability. 

The 30 Day Shred was the dvd I was using about 2 months ago. Here recently, I have decided to start the Couch 2 5k program. I found out there are TWO 5k's coming up here in KC that I really would love to do!! I know that if I am paying to do this, I WILL have to train for it!! I am logging my meals and exercise on myfitnesspal.com as well.

I don't want to be this size or feel this crappy anymore!! It's definitely time for a change.

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 10:31 PM

How is your salt intake?  There is alot of hidden sodium in food. I drink water with lemon juice in it to help shed excess water. 

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Nope, no rash. Just a lot of swelling. I got water pills and its been helping but I keep swelling back up. So weird.

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Oooo.  i hope it's not cellulitis!  Good luck! 

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Thank you ladies!! 

So, I've got another issue. I have pitting edema right now. Not sure why. I'm going to call my doc up tomorrow morning and see if I can get an appt and figure out whats going on. Hopefully its nothing serious! I really don't want anymore stress. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 10, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Not sure. I try to watch my salt intake. I've had to deal with high blood pressure during pregnancy and that sucked because I was craving some of the saltiest foods LOL! I have only been able to down 32 oz of water a day from a huge Dasani water bottle. I'm trying to drink two of those and then some. 

After my 1st day of c25k though, I just downed 40 oz of water in half an hour. HA! 

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

How is your salt intake?  There is alot of hidden sodium in food. I drink water with lemon juice in it to help shed excess water. 

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Nope, no rash. Just a lot of swelling. I got water pills and its been helping but I keep swelling back up. So weird

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 10:42 PM
Thats awesome!

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Not sure. I try to watch my salt intake. I've had to deal with high blood pressure during pregnancy and that sucked because I was craving some of the saltiest foods LOL! I have only been able to down 32 oz of water a day from a huge Dasani water bottle. I'm trying to drink two of those and then some. 

After my 1st day of c25k though, I just downed 40 oz of water in half an hour. HA! 

Quoting xo.MommyW.xo:

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Nope, no rash. Just a lot of swelling. I got water pills and its been helping but I keep swelling back up. So weird

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saeshine
by on Mar. 10, 2012 at 11:22 PM
1 mom liked this

We are in this together girl!!!! I'm at my worst about a week before my period and stays for about 2wks. I originally was 250 and I have lost 26pnds since last july. I could of definitely done better, but I keep going in circles when my monthly cycle visits!!! SOunds like we have a lot in common:) lol

Personally what I'm doing right now: I joined the CM 250ish group, you should chk it out, weigh ins on WED...

I saw you do myfitness pal and that is a great (free) site that will definitely help and give you some great motivation and recipe Ideas.

I have the WWPP calculator that I've stating using to track my daily points. It was a gift for xmas, but I don't have the online plan. I think its starting to help me realize 'my' idea of portion and a normal portion are completely 2 different things.  I like it because I am learning and I don't deprive myself.

I joined a gym and I take classes there 4x a wk and I have zumba DVD's that I do in the privacy of my own home!!

Good luck to you and keep us updated!!

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 11, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Thank you Saeshine!! 

I did another day of c25k. This time with my Bestie! We went the whole minute of jogging. It was awesome to motivate each other to push it just a lil further.

Burned 341 cals this time per HRM. 

My thighs are sore so tomorrow I will rest. Ha!

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

Looks like its going to be a rest day!!! going to eat lunch with my boys and then drop them off at their dads. Maybe take a nap after that. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 14, 2012 at 12:28 AM

Grrrrr being a single parent and trying to find a consistent time to workout is hard!! I was supposed to do another day of C25k but my kids wouldn't fall asleep early enough. Grrr @ spring break! lol 

I have decided to start doing my days in the early AM before my mum leaves for school. That way I can drive to the school's track to do my walk/jog and get back before she leaves AND it should also work out even after the kids go back to school. I could still do it because they don't get up until 7am and I'd be home by then.

Fingers crossed it works out!

Kathryn33
by on Mar. 14, 2012 at 12:29 AM
bump

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:44 AM

I am cranky!! These last two mornings I have slept through. One was just not hearing the alarms. The other was my youngest son got up in the middle of the night and was coughing a lot. I am soooooo tired and I'm getting pissed off that I can't get some time in to jog. 

GRRRRRRRRRRR

frustrated

Can a momma get a freakin break?!?!

joeykttn
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:25 PM
2 moms liked this

being a single mom can make it tough to get in *you* time, aka workout time. I've had many a nights where the choice was a) go to bed at 10 pm or b) work out at 10 pm. Sleep usually won!

Sorry you're havin' a rough few days!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN