Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop... Just do it!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello! I'm Amber, a 29yr old single mom of 3 awesomesauce kiddos and we have 1 pain in the toosh boxer/lab dog!! 

I've always had issues with my weight. When I was in middle school, I started getting teased by the popular kids for being fat and ugly. In reality, I wasn't that big at all!! I even remember the exact moment that I decided to stop wearing shorts because of this one new popular girl at school in 7th grade. It was horrible and I hated school after all of that.

At this moment, I weigh the most I have ever weighed since my 1st pregnancy. I weigh 40 more lbs than I did when I first met my bf 3yrs ago. He doesn't mind it but I DO! I don't mind being "plus sized". I don't want to be super skinny. What I really want is to be healthy for myself and my kids.  

My most recent wake up call was on Monday morning. I decided I wanted to weigh myself and see where I was at. I stepped onto the scale and my jaw dropped!! I basically gained 20lbs in a lil over one month! I felt like such a fatass. That gave me a lil bit of motivation to start over again!! I went out and bought myself a heart rate monitor. Hoping that will motivate me as well!

I weigh 260lbs right now. My goal weight loss is between 75-110lbs. I'm not totally sure how I am going to get there. Baby steps and perserverance right?

My biggest hurdle is my period! It brings me crashing down every single time! My second biggest hurdle is motivation. I can motivate others just not myself. My third biggest hurdle is just being lazy and eating too much. I also need accountability. 

The 30 Day Shred was the dvd I was using about 2 months ago. Here recently, I have decided to start the Couch 2 5k program. I found out there are TWO 5k's coming up here in KC that I really would love to do!! I know that if I am paying to do this, I WILL have to train for it!! I am logging my meals and exercise on myfitnesspal.com as well.

I don't want to be this size or feel this crappy anymore!! It's definitely time for a change.

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 23, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Well, my results are back. My liver enzymes are elevated. Thats one of the reasons for my swelling. Now I have to get an abdominal sono to see if my liver is enlarged.

I'm sort of freaking out. I seriously hope this has to do with my weight and not something super serious like my heart.

If it is my weight then I'm already one step ahead.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ajs16919
by on Mar. 24, 2012 at 9:50 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm sorry hun. i'm hoping for the best for you. ((hugs))

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Well, my results are back. My liver enzymes are elevated. Thats one of the reasons for my swelling. Now I have to get an abdominal sono to see if my liver is enlarged.

I'm sort of freaking out. I seriously hope this has to do with my weight and not something super serious like my heart.

jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2012 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs. I hope they figur it out fast for you.

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 27, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Thanks ladies! I had my ab sono and now I am just waiting to hear about the results. 

So, I keep yo-yo-ing with my weight. Whatever, its cool. I'm looking forward to losing inches anyway.

I did another day of c25k. Next time I go out I will need to take aleve before. My ankle and shin is kind of bugging me on my left side. I noticed I need more arch support on that side. It makes me sad but I will have to stop wearing my beloved and very worn in DC's. They have ended up making my feet hurt when I wear them now. My other shin was hurting but I ended up just jogging through and it stopped. That was awesome. Got an awful side stitch. Realized that I hadn't drank enough water through the day for this LOL!! 

The things you notice when you start living healthy but you've kind of fallen back for a few. Haha! I like that I noticed these things though. Its good. I even went to bed early last night. I think it was because I did my run and I was in the getting tired stage. Still, that is good as well. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Kind of curious about strength training... Hmmmm. I have 5lb dumbells that I can use to start with. I'm quite weak haha! 

OH!! I totally forgot... 

My doc office called and told me I'm a fatty. Ok not really BUT they did say that my liver was slightly SO I am indeed one step ahead!! I'm still nervous about my health but at least I'm on the right track.

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 28, 2012 at 2:11 PM

the dreaded Dottie is coming up. I can feel myself getting tired and moody. And bloated. UGH. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 3, 2012 at 12:58 AM

Did another day of c25k. didn't do that great. I got through 3/4 of the intervals but walked the rest because of horrible side stitches. I'm not sure that I like jogging at the school's track. It just doesn't feel right to me. I think I prefer the pavement. Is that weird?!?! 

I REALLY need to jog more. I made a plan to wake up at 5:30am to go jogging but I am slacking hardcore. I am NOT a morning person at all. I'm not sure what its going to take to get my ass up and out of bed. I like jogging in the late afternoon. It's my prefered time BUT with 3 kids and no one to watch them... makes it hard.

I found this and I've been thinking about it ever since:

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM
My jog is not happening tonight unless my period decides to hurt less. These are the worst cramps I've had in a long time. Ugh =(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 5, 2012 at 11:37 AM

I'm going to push myself to do some strength training today. Cardio is not happening but at least I can do something!! 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM

Love the title of your journal!  Good luck mama!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)