Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop... Just do it!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello! I'm Amber, a 29yr old single mom of 3 awesomesauce kiddos and we have 1 pain in the toosh boxer/lab dog!! 

I've always had issues with my weight. When I was in middle school, I started getting teased by the popular kids for being fat and ugly. In reality, I wasn't that big at all!! I even remember the exact moment that I decided to stop wearing shorts because of this one new popular girl at school in 7th grade. It was horrible and I hated school after all of that.

At this moment, I weigh the most I have ever weighed since my 1st pregnancy. I weigh 40 more lbs than I did when I first met my bf 3yrs ago. He doesn't mind it but I DO! I don't mind being "plus sized". I don't want to be super skinny. What I really want is to be healthy for myself and my kids.  

My most recent wake up call was on Monday morning. I decided I wanted to weigh myself and see where I was at. I stepped onto the scale and my jaw dropped!! I basically gained 20lbs in a lil over one month! I felt like such a fatass. That gave me a lil bit of motivation to start over again!! I went out and bought myself a heart rate monitor. Hoping that will motivate me as well!

I weigh 260lbs right now. My goal weight loss is between 75-110lbs. I'm not totally sure how I am going to get there. Baby steps and perserverance right?

My biggest hurdle is my period! It brings me crashing down every single time! My second biggest hurdle is motivation. I can motivate others just not myself. My third biggest hurdle is just being lazy and eating too much. I also need accountability. 

The 30 Day Shred was the dvd I was using about 2 months ago. Here recently, I have decided to start the Couch 2 5k program. I found out there are TWO 5k's coming up here in KC that I really would love to do!! I know that if I am paying to do this, I WILL have to train for it!! I am logging my meals and exercise on myfitnesspal.com as well.

I don't want to be this size or feel this crappy anymore!! It's definitely time for a change.

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (31-40):
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Thank you!!! 

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Love the title of your journal!  Good luck mama!

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 9, 2012 at 3:31 PM

I will be starting Supreme 90 Day after a prep week to get my food in order etc. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

I am quite proud of myself!! I woke up at 5:30am, ate a very light snack and then went jogging!! I was very determined to get my butt up and do this! So glad I did! YAY ME! 

No side cramps or pain either. I took Aleve before I left. I could feel my muscles work but no pain. I made it 2 miles in 33 min doing week 1 day 3 of C25k. I am ready to move on to week 2!!! 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 11, 2012 at 8:36 PM

I am planning on waking up early again to go jogging. I'm a lil nervous though. Week 2 is going to be harder the first day. Instead of jogging 1 min I will be jogging 90 seconds. I will be sticking around my house for this one. That way if I fall out I can just call someone to pick me up LOL!! I can definitely walk for two whole minutes hahaha that is easy. Hopefully I can push myself to try harder. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Me... FTW!!!

I surprised myself and did the full 90 sec of jogging EVERY time!! It didn't kill me after all lol. I forgot to take aleve so my shins are a lil sore but not much.

2.04mi, time: 00:30:34, pace: 15:00min/mi, speed: 4.00mi/h. From MapMyRun app. Burned 387 cals per HRM. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 13, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I'm hungry. I just ate breakfast not too long ago. I'm also sleepy today even though I had 7-8hrs of sleep. Not sure what my deal is. I feel MUCH better on the days I wake up and go jogging. Why is that?

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:07 AM

MUST. NOT. FORGET. ALEVE. NEXT. TIME!!! omg my legs, my shins to be exact. Not horrible but oh man! I can feel my muscles jump too. I sweat my ass off on this jog. 

didn't get enough sleep also. that sucked. 

newmom0508
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:33 AM
Welcome!!!

OT but I just got an 18 month old boxer- lab mix a month ago and apparently pain in the ass runs in the genes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM

LOL thanks! Yea, mine is a good dog but it took a lot to get him there. He is still kind of defiant and that is probably the biggest issue of him being a pain in the ass. That and the fact that he just follows everyone around and sits right at our feet when we do ANYTHING. Its cute when you aren't busy but falling over a huge dog, not fun!! haha!

Quoting newmom0508:

Welcome!!!

OT but I just got an 18 month old boxer- lab mix a month ago and apparently pain in the ass runs in the genes

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:03 PM

SO... I might be overthinking this BUT I like to analyze and I have figured out that IF I work out every other day each month then in one year (this is based on losing 1lb a week just with eating alone and also working out) its could be possible that I could lose 60lbs. Now, IF I work out like every day (which I most likely would not do but if I did) then its possible that I could lose about 75lbs in one year. 

BUT like I said, I am probably overthinking things and my math could be allllll sorts of wrong because I SUCK at it. 

However, it sort of encourages me to do more workouts other than just C25k. I still have 30 Day Shred that I can do. I also bought Supreme 90 Day (which I've heard is easier on knees than P90X). That should be a decent balance of cardio and strength. 

I'm just not going anywhere with losing weight or inches. I'm actually swelling back up. I am trying to drink more water but I need something else to go with it. Lemon and limes don't work. They make my mouth and throat feel all mucousy. Blargh. I think if I up my water intake then it will help a bit.

I'm still trying to feel out the calories. I had it set at 1850 which is the low end. I upped it to 2000 because that is between my min and max. We'll see how that works. I will give it a week and then see if I need to tweak it. 

I am determined to drop this weight, lose inches and get toned. I do not want to look or feel like this the rest of my life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN