Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop... Just do it!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello! I'm Amber, a 29yr old single mom of 3 awesomesauce kiddos and we have 1 pain in the toosh boxer/lab dog!! 

I've always had issues with my weight. When I was in middle school, I started getting teased by the popular kids for being fat and ugly. In reality, I wasn't that big at all!! I even remember the exact moment that I decided to stop wearing shorts because of this one new popular girl at school in 7th grade. It was horrible and I hated school after all of that.

At this moment, I weigh the most I have ever weighed since my 1st pregnancy. I weigh 40 more lbs than I did when I first met my bf 3yrs ago. He doesn't mind it but I DO! I don't mind being "plus sized". I don't want to be super skinny. What I really want is to be healthy for myself and my kids.  

My most recent wake up call was on Monday morning. I decided I wanted to weigh myself and see where I was at. I stepped onto the scale and my jaw dropped!! I basically gained 20lbs in a lil over one month! I felt like such a fatass. That gave me a lil bit of motivation to start over again!! I went out and bought myself a heart rate monitor. Hoping that will motivate me as well!

I weigh 260lbs right now. My goal weight loss is between 75-110lbs. I'm not totally sure how I am going to get there. Baby steps and perserverance right?

My biggest hurdle is my period! It brings me crashing down every single time! My second biggest hurdle is motivation. I can motivate others just not myself. My third biggest hurdle is just being lazy and eating too much. I also need accountability. 

The 30 Day Shred was the dvd I was using about 2 months ago. Here recently, I have decided to start the Couch 2 5k program. I found out there are TWO 5k's coming up here in KC that I really would love to do!! I know that if I am paying to do this, I WILL have to train for it!! I am logging my meals and exercise on myfitnesspal.com as well.

I don't want to be this size or feel this crappy anymore!! It's definitely time for a change.

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
newmom0508
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:13 PM
Yes I have acquired a new shadow hubby is sad because it was suppose to be his dog. He gets in the garbage, digs holes outside and spreads his toys all over the backyard! The kids enjoy him though

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

LOL thanks! Yea, mine is a good dog but it took a lot to get him there. He is still kind of defiant and that is probably the biggest issue of him being a pain in the ass. That and the fact that he just follows everyone around and sits right at our feet when we do ANYTHING. Its cute when you aren't busy but falling over a huge dog, not fun!! haha!

Quoting newmom0508:

Welcome!!!

OT but I just got an 18 month old boxer- lab mix a month ago and apparently pain in the ass runs in the genes

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jess138
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:54 PM
2 moms liked this

after reading your journal I see your definitely on the right track to reach whichever weight goal you have. One thing to remember is that beauty comes from within. So if you think need to lose weight you should I do it because you think so not because of others with that being said keep up the good work I'll be following

Need motivation to lose weight? Read This

ladybug

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 18, 2012 at 7:54 AM

Thank you!! =D

Unfortunately... week 3 day 1 WON. For some reason I was not able to push through the burning shins. I think I'm going to have to ice them today. I'm going to redo day 1 my next run day. Going back to my regular schedule and snack. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 18, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Was feeling REALLY defeated this morning. Screwed up my whole day. My mood just plumetted after. 

Talking to a friend and he thinks that my issue is my instep. he told me to put some cushioning under my instep and see how that works. I will need to ice and then massage my shins. hopefully this helps me while I'm running/walking. I had to stop walking this am and the burning calmed down but when I started walking again it started burning again. I really really do not want to stop running!! I don't want to feel like giving up. 

Hopefully I can get some money and buy some new shoes. 

Tomorrow I will do much better!!! Today's eats were just awful. I ate a donut (which wasn't so bad) and then I scarfed down almost a whole pizza!!!!! I felt sooooo miserable. All of my cals for the day have been consumed. I'm still going to eat but I will eat fruits and veggies the rest of the night.

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Wondering if i should do week 2 again or keep trying week 3. I'm ambivalent about it. I would love to get new shoes before but its not going to happen. 

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Feel free to repeat weeks on that program mama...lots of people do it!  Good luck and keep going!

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I'm down right now. Feel like total crap. I know I should go running but I don't want to injure myself. I think its all in my head and I just hope that its all PMS related.

Just really feeling like I want to cry. I probably just should. Get it over with. Give up the pity party. I am just wallowing in it right now. No motivation. No matter what I do I feel like I'm getting nowhere. This is the same feeling I got when I got to a certain point in cosmo school. I wasn't excited about it anymore since I felt like I wasn't learning anything or doing anything productive. 

I REALLY just want my bf here with me. I need his hugs like crazy right now. I miss him so much (backstory: he is dumb, is in jail right now, dui, totally deserved it). He knows exactly how to make me feel better! 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 26, 2012 at 9:37 PM

I've been drinking my calories in milk today. Just not hungry so this is pretty much the only way. It's actually been satisfying. 

still haven't gotten my ass up to run in over a week. just no motivation. I would love to find that ASAP!!

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Monday morning I WILL get my ass up and workout even if I totally fail on doing the whole thing. 

ProudMama1125
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:24 AM

Oh girl.. I feel you! I'm in the same boat. I've got 80 lbs to lose and I've given myself 1 year to do it.

Goodluck in your journey!! Don't give up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)