Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop... Just do it!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello! I'm Amber, a 29yr old single mom of 3 awesomesauce kiddos and we have 1 pain in the toosh boxer/lab dog!! 

I've always had issues with my weight. When I was in middle school, I started getting teased by the popular kids for being fat and ugly. In reality, I wasn't that big at all!! I even remember the exact moment that I decided to stop wearing shorts because of this one new popular girl at school in 7th grade. It was horrible and I hated school after all of that.

At this moment, I weigh the most I have ever weighed since my 1st pregnancy. I weigh 40 more lbs than I did when I first met my bf 3yrs ago. He doesn't mind it but I DO! I don't mind being "plus sized". I don't want to be super skinny. What I really want is to be healthy for myself and my kids.  

My most recent wake up call was on Monday morning. I decided I wanted to weigh myself and see where I was at. I stepped onto the scale and my jaw dropped!! I basically gained 20lbs in a lil over one month! I felt like such a fatass. That gave me a lil bit of motivation to start over again!! I went out and bought myself a heart rate monitor. Hoping that will motivate me as well!

I weigh 260lbs right now. My goal weight loss is between 75-110lbs. I'm not totally sure how I am going to get there. Baby steps and perserverance right?

My biggest hurdle is my period! It brings me crashing down every single time! My second biggest hurdle is motivation. I can motivate others just not myself. My third biggest hurdle is just being lazy and eating too much. I also need accountability. 

The 30 Day Shred was the dvd I was using about 2 months ago. Here recently, I have decided to start the Couch 2 5k program. I found out there are TWO 5k's coming up here in KC that I really would love to do!! I know that if I am paying to do this, I WILL have to train for it!! I am logging my meals and exercise on myfitnesspal.com as well.

I don't want to be this size or feel this crappy anymore!! It's definitely time for a change.

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (81-90):
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Sep. 15, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Dang. It's been a while since I updated.

On August 28th I had my baby boy!! He weighed 8 lbs 10oz and was 20 inches long. Love my lil Squishy.

My highest weight during pregnancy was 283. I weighed myself a week ago and was at 265. I'm currently breastfeeding so I'm sure I'll lose more.

SO ready to start working out again. My body feels wrecked! I feel super weak. Appearance wise, I don't look too bad. I don't look like I'm still pregnant so that's great. I just look fat lol.

I'll add a pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, and postpartum pic soon.

Time to get fit! Been waiting for this for months!!!
SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 15, 2013 at 4:12 AM
Congrats on the new baby! What did you name him? What site did you go to when you have the paper with your weight loss goals on it?

Quoting ambtrav2kids:Dang. It's been a while since I updated.

On August 28th I had my baby boy!! He weighed 8 lbs 10oz and was 20 inches long. Love my lil Squishy.

My highest weight during pregnancy was 283. I weighed myself a week ago and was at 265. I'm currently breastfeeding so I'm sure I'll lose more.

SO ready to start working out again. My body feels wrecked! I feel super weak. Appearance wise, I don't look too bad. I don't look like I'm still pregnant so that's great. I just look fat lol.

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Sep. 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM
Thank you!! His name is Rylan Murdock.

I was on tumblr when I came across that idea. I made a bigger version though. The one I saw was just on a piece of paper. Mines a poster.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

Congrats on the new baby! What did you name him? What site did you go to when you have the paper with your weight loss goals on it?

SexyDiva19
by Silver Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Nice name ;) Definitely motivation for you..Good luck!

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Thank you!! His name is Rylan Murdock.

I was on tumblr when I came across that idea. I made a bigger version though. The one I saw was just on a piece of paper. Mines a poster.

Quoting SexyDiva19:

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Shit. Lol I still need to post a postpartum pic.

I finally fit back into my regular jeans.
tiredmomfor2
by ~Lyndsay~ on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:51 PM
Woohoo! That is great!
How is your little man doing?

Quoting ambtrav2kids:

Shit. Lol I still need to post a postpartum pic.

I finally fit back into my regular jeans.

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Feb. 13, 2014 at 7:01 PM
Just to update:

I'm now 31. Still not losing weight but mostly because I was pregnant then breastfeeding for 2013.

I've taken body measurements. I've gained inches everywhere. I'm visibly bigger. My pants went up one size after pregnancy. I weigh 263.

This insanity has to END. I'm tired of being this big, weak, and unhealthy. Time to get serious about getting fit.

I've started logging on MFP again and trying to get my eating under control.

I will not live this way anymore.

Plus, my boobs are way too big and I'm tired of them flopping in my face when I lay down.

Goodbye big ass, huge boobs, flabby waist, jiggly thighs and unhealthyness. It's beyond time that I got rid of you.
Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Feb. 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Just stumbled on your journal. We're in similar boats. In November 2012 I weighed 273. Became pregnant with second child in January, she was born Oct 19 - I got up to 305. I'll be 4 months postpartum next Wednesday and I weigh 250. I've been regularly exercising since Dec 1 2013.
I'm also on MFP - Wheepingchree

Please add me - we can help each other. My motivation is so strong. I want to be about 175. You can do this mama.

Quoting ambtrav2kids: Just to update:

I'm now 31. Still not losing weight but mostly because I was pregnant then breastfeeding for 2013.

I've taken body measurements. I've gained inches everywhere. I'm visibly bigger. My pants went up one size after pregnancy. I weigh 263.

This insanity has to END. I'm tired of being this big, weak, and unhealthy. Time to get serious about getting fit.

I've started logging on MFP again and trying to get my eating under control.

I will not live this way anymore.

Plus, my boobs are way too big and I'm tired of them flopping in my face when I lay down.

Goodbye big ass, huge boobs, flabby waist, jiggly thighs and unhealthyness. It's beyond time that I got rid of you.
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 2, 2014 at 11:52 PM
I just recorded myself hooping...

Ugh. My arms. So FAT!!!!!!! I'm definitely working on those asap.

I'm so ashamed of how big I've let myself get. This is beyond anything I've ever been.
Wheepingchree
by Jessica on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Do modified push-ups! Start with 1 and add another each day! Will help those arms get stronger :)

Quoting ambtrav2kids: I just recorded myself hooping...

Ugh. My arms. So FAT!!!!!!! I'm definitely working on those asap.

I'm so ashamed of how big I've let myself get. This is beyond anything I've ever been.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)