Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop... Just do it!!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hello! I'm Amber, a 29yr old single mom of 3 awesomesauce kiddos and we have 1 pain in the toosh boxer/lab dog!! 

I've always had issues with my weight. When I was in middle school, I started getting teased by the popular kids for being fat and ugly. In reality, I wasn't that big at all!! I even remember the exact moment that I decided to stop wearing shorts because of this one new popular girl at school in 7th grade. It was horrible and I hated school after all of that.

At this moment, I weigh the most I have ever weighed since my 1st pregnancy. I weigh 40 more lbs than I did when I first met my bf 3yrs ago. He doesn't mind it but I DO! I don't mind being "plus sized". I don't want to be super skinny. What I really want is to be healthy for myself and my kids.  

My most recent wake up call was on Monday morning. I decided I wanted to weigh myself and see where I was at. I stepped onto the scale and my jaw dropped!! I basically gained 20lbs in a lil over one month! I felt like such a fatass. That gave me a lil bit of motivation to start over again!! I went out and bought myself a heart rate monitor. Hoping that will motivate me as well!

I weigh 260lbs right now. My goal weight loss is between 75-110lbs. I'm not totally sure how I am going to get there. Baby steps and perserverance right?

My biggest hurdle is my period! It brings me crashing down every single time! My second biggest hurdle is motivation. I can motivate others just not myself. My third biggest hurdle is just being lazy and eating too much. I also need accountability. 

The 30 Day Shred was the dvd I was using about 2 months ago. Here recently, I have decided to start the Couch 2 5k program. I found out there are TWO 5k's coming up here in KC that I really would love to do!! I know that if I am paying to do this, I WILL have to train for it!! I am logging my meals and exercise on myfitnesspal.com as well.

I don't want to be this size or feel this crappy anymore!! It's definitely time for a change.

by on Mar. 7, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Replies (91-93):
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 18, 2014 at 9:20 AM
Ready to get my tax refund back. I'm buying myself new jeans, bra, heart rate monitor, running shoes, and possibly a fitbit.

I really haven't bought myself anything (besides junk food) in a really long time. I think I'm most excited about the last three items.

With proper running shoes I can get in better runs. I've got a zombie, run app on my phone. I'm terrified of zombies and I usually go running in the morning while it's still dark. Creepy!!!!!

Getting ready to move. In about two months we'll be moving to another city. It's only 15 minutes away from the town I live in now. So that has been stressful. But hey, I'll be thinking about it like it's a workout when the day comes.

As far as working out etc is going... I've been doing more walking than anything. Surprisingly drinking more water without having to force myself. Think I'm getting used to the taste. Still working on my eating habits. I'm YO-yo'ing between the same 5 lbs. Not sure what to do about it. The house is a mess from trying to throw things out etc. I have no space to workout. I'll figure something out.
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:56 AM
I'm back up to 266. I've gained back the weight I lost. It doesn't help that my bf isn't much help.
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Jul. 1, 2014 at 9:04 PM
July 1st. 269 lbs.
I got a fitbit. Not motivating. I got new shoes. Not running. I buy more fruits and veggies. Still eating junk.

I'm getting fatter. I'm trying to take baby steps to change. It's so hard when my bf thinks we can eat whatever all the time. Like tonight he brought home pizza. Pizza is a true weakness of mine. I looooooooooooooooooooove pizza. I know I can eat it but I have to watch portions however I can't stick to portions with pizza. ALL THE PIZZA IS MINE! Ya know the feels?

Anyhow, I've got to get my eating under control.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)