Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Vanessa's Journal

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM
  • 34 Replies

This me today. Sitting at 202 lbs 4 weeks after the birth of my daughter.

Ok, so I am going to try this. Never really journaled before. Long term goal is to get back to prebaby weight, about 140-145 size 9-10 pant size. I want to be healthier and have more energy and not have so much flab lol. Another reason I want to do this is because I don't want my kids growing up eating like I do. And I don't want them to be stuck in front of the tv doing nothing. I always said I didn't want the tv to be the kids' baby-sitter and I had noticed lately that's exactly what was happening. It has been really pretty outside so I have been pushing them outside. They get to watch a little in the morning and a little at night while they eat and calm down for bed.

I think this weeks goal is not so much going to be about weight yet. I think im gonna go with cutting way back on sweets and junk and drink more water. Then keep cutting back more and more not so healthy things as the weeks go on. Gradually working in exercising and working my goals up to losing weight. Gonna be very slow. Hope I can stick with it. No fast tracks. Losing it and keeping it off takes time :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Slademom09
by on Mar. 19, 2012 at 4:50 PM
My measurements

Chest: 42 3/4
Waist: 45 1/4
Hips: 47
Thighs: L 28 1/2 R 28 1/4
Upper Arm: L 14 1/8 R 14
Calf: L 15 5/8 R 15 1/2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slademom09
by on Mar. 21, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Ok so I think I've been doing better. Having to drink more water and juice. No cokes in the house. I think I drank a couple diet cokes, but that is way better than how much I usually drink (4-5 cans a day) no candy. Did have some fast food yesterday. Will try my best not to have any more this week. It helps a little to be broke lol. Ordered 30 day shred yesterday. Maybe hopefully get it sometime next week. And I hope I can stay motivated and have enough energy to do it. We'll see. Also try to get/stay active till then.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slademom09
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Woohoo!! I got my 30 day shred in the mail today. Can't wait to start :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slademom09
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Just finished level 1 of 30 day shred. Wow. Definately will help me on the way to where I want to be. Just gotta stick with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AmberMerrell
by on Mar. 30, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slademom09
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:15 PM
Day 2 of level 1. Felt a little easier today. Still couldn't go all the way through without a couple small breaks, but less than Friday. Saturday and Sunday I was so sore, but it felt good to have done something and to actually feel that I have muscles down under everything lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slademom09
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Another goal. Small but something. Cut back on time spent in front of the tv. I sit there and watch a show andsay I'll get up after this, and then the next show comes on, then a movie...just keeps dragging and I never get my butt off the couch. So that is my new goal. Been doing ok about the eating better. Don't have the money for cokes or junk food really so that has helped lol. Just foots keep it up. Here shortly I'm gonna do day 3 of 30 day shred. Actually looking forward to it. I know it will help me a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ellmomr
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 3:56 PM
Good luck! Sounds like you're doing good. I'm on day 4 level 1 of 30 ds. My arms are killing me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Slademom09
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 2:25 PM
I am so tempted to weigh myself, but I said I would only weight myself once a week and that day is Friday. Tomorrow will be day 4 of 30 ds lvl 1. I want to see if anything has happened, but I don't want to get discouraged. I do feel better. I feel like I have a little more energy, so that's good. But I want losing results too. Whether it be lbs or inches.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 8, 2012 at 7:06 PM

You can do this mama...good luck!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)