Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Dh is sabotaging me!

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM
  • 9 Replies
He took dd out to dinner so they could have some special time together. He brought back pizza hut. And put a slice on a plate for me. It's almost 500 calories for one slice! Then they had cheesecake and he ate half of his and handed me the rest. That half peice is about 190
Calories. Ahh! I love pizza and cheesecake! I was really good today so all that hardly puts me over in calories but it does in fat. I know I should have more willpower but dang
If he didn't say stuff like ' it's ok to have some good stuff now and then. I know you'll do great at loosing weight, you are very careful." and " you had a hard day, you need this' Dang husband saying nice things while holding yummy treats!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:18 PM

Don't you hate that??  Occasional treats won't hurt you, but definitely make them count when you do have them!  Don't waste them on stuff that's only so-so, ya know?  I hope they were good!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

LivinBlessed
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:22 PM
My husband brought home a CASE of chocolate and toffee ice cream bars, (free from vendor at work) and 5 HUGE bag of those chocolate truffle things!:( I really think he wants me to GAIN weight, not lose!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM
Oh yeah. The cheese cake was totally worth it :) I made that from scratch with home made low sugar blueberry topping. The pizza... I kind of wish I hadnt eaten it. It was good but I make better tasting home made pizza that has less than half the calories for the same size peice.

Quoting musicpisces:

Don't you hate that??  Occasional treats won't hurt you, but definitely make them count when you do have them!  Don't waste them on stuff that's only so-so, ya know?  I hope they were good!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Bronze Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow! Id have a really hard time avoiding those. I have found that usually if I make something to die for in the dessert department, I can have a bite of dh's portion and be happy. But don't hand me a whole portion or I'll eat the entire thing in record time and want more.

Quoting LivinBlessed:

My husband brought home a CASE of chocolate and toffee ice cream bars, (free from vendor at work) and 5 HUGE bag of those chocolate truffle things!:( I really think he wants me to GAIN weight, not lose!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh no!!!  Time to take those to someone else!!  I take stuff like that to work, where it magically disappears within hours!  I work with a bunch of very active young men.  I took in spaghetti I made today (I ended up cooking up way more than I planned to), and it was GONE.  Woo hoo!  Great way to get rid of food!!  LOL

Quoting LivinBlessed:

Suzanne

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate feeling that way about the "bad" foods I eat.  At least the cheesecake was worth it!!  The calories weren't so bad on that, too!  But look back on this when faced with the same thing or something similar again, so you can ask yourself if the calories are really worth it.  I find that often they're not.  It takes A LOT to burn off 500 calories!!  So thinking about that helps, too!  Also remember, a 500 calorie deficit every day = 1 lb lost each week!!

Quoting norahsmommy:

Oh yeah. The cheese cake was totally worth it :) I made that from scratch with home made low sugar blueberry topping. The pizza... I kind of wish I hadnt eaten it. It was good but I make better tasting home made pizza that has less than half the calories for the same size peice.

Quoting musicpisces:

Suzanne

MrsSamMerlotte
by Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Mine does this daily.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jendawn1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:34 PM
Hugs my s/o is the same way. He just doesn't think is this healthy lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LivinBlessed
by on Mar. 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM
I have zero self control at this point, we've gone through about 4 boxes of the ice cream and almost all the chocolates... *sigh* and now I have serious sugar cravings at night, because I've eaten them so often after putting the kids to bed. Pathetic, I know... I absolutely will get rid of the rest of them tomorrow!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)