Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Does anyone use Fitbit and MFP?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM
  • 8 Replies
I just bought my fitbit today(thanks ladies!) and I'm confused about how to link the two together correctly. So when I'm doing my workout-I need to use the stop watch function? Then, when I get home-I sync it to MFP? Is that right? Then-do I still manually add my exercise into MFP? That Is where I'm confused. Thanks for any advice!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
3Xthelove
by Heather on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:37 PM
I do! I didn't quite understand that either. I only use the stopwatch when I sleep. I get a FitBit calorie adjustment on MFP when I sync, which is accurate to what my activity burned. I do not manually add any exercise in..when I did, it got double counted. Hope that helps!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherinmichael
by on Mar. 29, 2012 at 10:40 PM
Yes! Thank you! If its easier just to sync-I'll stick with that. Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamIAm1105
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:04 PM

I use both as well.  I use my stopwatch when I do any exercise/activity.  Just look to see what time you start the stopwatch.  Then, after you work out, stop the stopwatch and enter into MFP, it will ask what time you started the activity, so then it will know you are talking about that one w/ your stopwatch.  It won't double count your info.  When I do this, I can see both on fitbit site and see the calories burned are pretty close.  If the MFP gives you a lesser amt than fitbit, fitbit will add the adjustment so you are covered!!

Clear as mud??  LOL

cherinmichael
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Yes! I figured out that if I add all my exercises on the fitbit site, it will also sync that information. I honestly find fitbit site to be more accurate-so I only log it on fitbit! :) Thank you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Livin4_AnO
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:40 AM
I so want one of these!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamIAm1105
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:49 PM

I saw on facebook where Dr Oz is going to talk about the fitbit on his show today...have the dvr set, anxious to see what he says about it.  It's the best litttle motivator for me!!

3Xthelove
by Heather on May. 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Let's us know what he says! I love my FitBit!

Quoting SamIAm1105:

I saw on facebook where Dr Oz is going to talk about the fitbit on his show today...have the dvr set, anxious to see what he says about it.  It's the best litttle motivator for me!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamIAm1105
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I recorded and fast forwarded through and he never mentioned it :(  I re-did it twice in case I missed it, but still nothing.  Maybe it was the wrong day...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN