Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Candy's Journal

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM
  • 15 Replies

Here I go again! My DH and I will be going to Mexico in July for his sisters wedding in Cabo. So I'm going to try to tone up. I hate my stomach and my arms. My body is a mess...I am petite only 5 feet and as of right now I'm 105lbs. I know some of you might not think "why is she trying to lose weight"? I'm not concerned too much of how much I weigh it's more how my clothes fit. I always feel like my tummy sticks out with clothes or my arms they just look "big" to me. Anyways, my plan is to stick to eating clean and exercising 6 days a week. To cut out all Alcohol and would also love to cut back coffee. I will try to write down everything that I eat, drink and log in my exercise. I hope to keep up with my Journal.

Measurements

belly button (tummy) -29 inches

waist - 26 1/2 inches

left arm - 10 1/2 inches

right arm - 10 1/2inches

Update  4/12/12. So Kat has inspired me to work harder. I also think I will have the guts to post Before and After pics. I can do this! Yikes I think I will remove my pics! I was not aware that people can just Google "Candy's Journal" and it goes here. I don't want my pics online!

I did weigh myself this morning and wished I had not done that but the scale said 109 lbs. No inches lost, I know it's too soon.

by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyof1262
by on Apr. 9, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Breakfast - Steel oats w/flax and blueberries. 1 cup of coffee and at least 28 oz of water this morning. Also had my Vitamin and fish oil

snack - greek yogurt w/almonds and honey

Lunch - sauteed zucchini, sweet potatoes and fresh pineapple. A ton of water

snack - apple

workout - Cardio Power & Resistance No run day off

Dinner - grilled pork, leftover zucchini and sweet potatoes. Water

mommyof1262
by on Apr. 10, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Workout - Pure Cardio & 2 miles inclined to 8 on the Treadmill speed 5.5. Then ran 2 miles (regular on the treadmill) Had to get my workout in my daughter has a tennis meet after school so I can't work out then.  I'm starving!

Breakfast - oatmeal with bananas slices and spoonful of peanut butter. 1 cup of coffee ;( and water

Vitamins and fish oil.

Lunch - veggie stir fry (broccoli, zucchini, peppers, mushrooms, onions, carrots and cabbage). Water

snack - handful of almonds

dinner - brown rice and beans topped off with salsa. I made turkey tacos and brown rice w/black beans but for some reason while I was cooking the turkey I just could not stand the smell. Not sure why but I couldn't stomach them.

mommyof1262
by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 10:08 AM

Again got up at 5:30am to workout!

Workout Plyometric Cardio Circuit and planning on running when DH gets home. I just hope I can get at least 6 miles in today. 

Had a protein shake after workout

snack- almonds

lunch - leftover rice and beans

snack - banana

dinner - chili and cornbread ( wished I would have said no to the corn bread)!

I did end up going on a run before dinner but it was only 3.5 miles...blah.

mommyof1262
by on Apr. 12, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Workout cardio recovery and hope to run around noon if I can when my daughter goes to preschool . My oldest has a tennis meet so not sure if I can run this evening.

Breakfast - 1 cup of coffee, oats, slivered almonds, cinnamon, flax and strawberries. Vitamin and fish oil.

Thinking maybe I have been eating too much? I don't know.. scale this morning said 109 which maybe it could be muscle. I'm not sure, oh well whatever.

Lunch - Tomato Basil Pasta soup with Zucchini and red beans.

Well I don't think I will be able to make my afternoon run with my son. *sigh* I am hoping it's not too late after my daughters meet so I can go running.

Bummer I feel horrible! I have the worse heartburn tonight and have had it for 2 days so far I thought I could just take Tums and get rid of it but no. I also have a sore throat and feel super tired. ugh! Anyways I was able to get a short run after my daughters meet 2.5 miles

Dinner - 2 egg whites with spinach and fresh fruit.

I'm so ready for bed but the kids aren't they are eating Jicama and running around. I hope they wear themselves out because I'm exhausted. I have to get up early tomorrow and get my workout and run in then off to the dentist and Passport appointment. 

mommyof1262
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM

Today has been such a horrible start its already 11:30 and I'm just eating breakfast/lunch. I didn't get up early to do my insanity or my run. My 2 year old woke up at 2:30am crying and didn't go back to bed until 4:30am. So I didn't get up until 6:45 am. To pack lunches and get ready for my dentist appointment at 8 am. Appointment didn't end until 10:05 and then I had to wait 30 minutes to eat or drink anything. Grrrr anyways after that I headed to my next appointment at 10:30 (to get my passport). I hope I can workout today I feel horrible since I wasn't able to eat anything earlier my belly feels sick!

Breakfast/lunch - I know horrible...1/2 pb and J and Spicy curry rice noodles. Water and coffee plus vitamin and fish oil.

Need to work out !!!

mommyof1262
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:23 AM

Weekend was horrible (eating wise that is). Friday I made spaghetti (my fav. food) and I had 2 huge bowls with cheese bread. On Saturday was date night so we went to the movies and to got something to eat. Anyways I ate a whole big bag of buttery popcorn and drank soda. I haven't had soda in a long time! I also had a 2 glasses of wine a beer and a big burritos from Chipotle. It was so darn good! I did complete my workouts this weekend. Oh and another thing my DH got me a brand new spanking bike! A white TREK. I'm so excited I can't wait to go on bike rides with the kids =)

Today was the fit test again I did pretty dang good! Later going on a much needed run...on the treamill. Too much wind and rain today.

mommyof1262
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Ugh I am still feeling like crap!.Not sure if its allergies or a cold. Anyways, this morning I did Plyometric Power and Resistance and nothing else. It was tough having to stop and blow my nose but I got through it. I'm not sure if I will go out later for a run or not. Ive had oatmeal with strawberries, bananas and walnuts and a ton of water. I need caffeine bad!

Well I think I had over a gallon of water plus was able to have some food. Since I have not been hungry at all. For lunch I ended up drinking a smoothie and having green tea and for dinner it was a veggie stir fry with carrots, zucchini, onions, asparagus, and 3 different kinds of peppers. I'm super tired and hope the kids are ready for bed soon. Tomorrow is Pure Cardio abd Cardio Abs :/ Also I think once I'm feeling better this week I will do a Kettlebell workout, I miss my bells.!

mommyof1262
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:27 AM

Yesterday was a good day. I ran 4.5 miles outside then I did Insanity. Pure Cardio and Cardio Abs. I ate alright pretty much all day.For breakfast I had 2 eggs with salsa and 1 corn tortilla, greek yogurt for snack, lean shake (on the go), drank green tea, chamomile tea, water and for dinner I had another yogurt some whole wheat noodles w/homemade red meat sauce.

Oh and today  I measured myself 28 on belly button and 26 on waist. I am also 105lbs =) 10 1/2 still on both arms.

mommyof1262
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 10:36 PM

Today was a busy day. Cardio recovery, 3 mile run on the treadmill and LB's Kettlebell Fat Blaster. For breakfast I had a smoothie but  lunch was awful! We decided to go to Buffalo wild wings right before we headed to the zoo next door. I had 1 Coors Light half fries, half wings (4) plus some fried pickles. After lunch we walked a ton at the zoo. Then DH decided he wanted a coffee so we stopped by and I ordered a small Coconut Latte. For dinner I had leftover beans and brown cilantro lime rice with homemade pico de gallo that we had had the night before. Not sure how I did with calories I have not entered them into MFP. I'm pretty bummed that I ate like crap today but tomorrow is a fresh start. Overall it was a great day and I got to spend time with my babies and my honey =)

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 22, 2012 at 6:55 PM

You're doing great mama...one day won't hurt anything!  Keep at it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN