Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Healthy eating & exercise motivation. Success Picture Post.

Posted by   + Show Post

I thought it was time for a little motivation since I'm seeing a ton of pill/shake posts this week.

Healthy weight loss means healthy food and exercise, and you CAN do it.  If you put enough effort into researching a "diet" then take that effort and put it into preparing healthy meals and staying active.  You'll still lose weight and your body will thank you. :)

With that I want you ladies who are losing or are done losing weight to post your progress/success pictures so we can all keep our chins up and keep trying! :)

group hug

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Replies (81-83):
Jace1028
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Holy crap! You look amazing!!!! How'd you lose it?

Fantastic job!

Quoting Erica_Smerica:

Yes, that's me paying a library fine! I think this was back in May of 2010. Not sure what my weight was then. I didn't actually start losing until January of 2011 with a starting weight of 243.3. And no, I was not pregnant then. I just have one kid!

My family and I: Taken on the first of this month. I am around 140 pounds and 5'9" 

This was taken at 95 pounds down. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Erica_Smerica
by Silver Member on May. 30, 2012 at 12:09 AM
2 moms liked this

I feel amazing too! Hehe! 

I ate a low calorie balanced diet and I exercised a lot. It took me 8 months to lose 100 pounds. Since then I've lost another 5-9 pounds.

I would work out 2-5 hours 5-6 days a week. I did a lot of running, 2-3 days of strength training, walking nearly every day, biking, and cardio DVDs. I really like the Jillian DVDs.

I think having a deadline helped. I thought I could lose 100 pounds in 7 months. It took 8... but at least knowing it was only temporary really helped.

I also had a mental visual of what I would look like thin. Let's just say I'm there! The saying is true, "If you can see it, you can achieve it." 

And I worked out a lot with friends. The walking, the DVDs, the strength training-- those were generally all done with friends. So it was social time, but I still got a hard work out in.

I do have to say that I started out slow. At first just walking .5 miles was good. Well that's not even true. At first all I could do was count 1600 calories a day. Then as the weight started coming off I felt like I could do some exercise. So I did. Then I lost more weight, felt even better, and started doing even more exercise until I got up to working out 2-5 hours 5-6 days a week. 

It takes baby steps. And IMO it takes visualizing too. I totally saw myself in a little black dress and now I've finally got one. And the best part is, it fits!

Good luck on your journey. It is worth it!

Quoting angelluvbilly:

Quoting Jace1028:

Holy crap! You look amazing!!!! How'd you lose it?

Fantastic job!

Quoting Erica_Smerica:

Yes, that's me paying a library fine! I think this was back in May of 2010. Not sure what my weight was then. I didn't actually start losing until January of 2011 with a starting weight of 243.3. And no, I was not pregnant then. I just have one kid!

My family and I: Taken on the first of this month. I am around 140 pounds and 5'9" 

This was taken at 95 pounds down. 

jessica.cable14
by on May. 30, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I gave up meat, fast food and coffee. I am doing the Gunnar Challenge every morning and going to the gym at night. I lost 5.8 pounds last week and it feels great. Hard work does pay off and nothing tastes as good as healthy feels!!!! :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)