Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

I had an epiphany this morning. I was talking to the girls in the van on the way to take Lilly to school about what they want to do tonight. Heath is going to his weekly game night with "The Geek Squad" at a pal's house so he won't be home. I asked the kids if there was anywhere they wanted to go out to eat that we haven't been in a while. 

Lilly told me she wants to go to Steak N Shake.  I said " No, I can't afford that... calorically." Then, I told her that it is not an easy place to get in and out of OR in a good area of town. I said that it's not a place I want to go on a Friday night without Daddy....she was puzzled and asked why. 

I told her that Clayton county ( the county I grew up in and graduated from HS in) was going downhill and there was a lot of gang activity now. It is the next county over from where we live in Georgia. I told her that when we lived there it was an okay county and had not gotten bad yet.. then, I said  that was 19 years ago.... 

WHAT!?!?!?! It's been 19 years since I graduated HS???? HOLY CRAP! I'M OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Yep- that was my morning epiphany- I AM OLD. Where did the time go? My older SIL always told me that after you hit 21, it goes downhill from there ( as in time goes by much faster). I never believed her...but, gosh...where did the last 16 years go since I was 21? Heck, where did the last 19 years go since I graduated HS? Time does go by so quickly....hard to believe that my 20th reunion will be next year. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Replies (21-26):
mommyof1262
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 5:52 PM

This! 

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

And if it's any consolation, I've seen your pic, you don't look your age at all lol. I would have guessed you were 28.

But I know what you mean I feel OLD TOO. 34 in June *sigh*

Lesgerm
by Leslie on Apr. 13, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I graduated HS 19 yrs ago too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miasmommy21407
by Maegan on Apr. 13, 2012 at 8:38 PM

sidesplittinglaughter

xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 9:15 PM

lol 9 years since I graduated

twinsies041
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:39 AM

First of all i've never had steak and shake and I reallyyy want to try it. 

Second of all you have a family to show for it. You've had to earn that! I'm not "old" yet though. I'm dreading the day where I wake up and realize I am haha

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 14, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Quoting twinsies041:

First of all i've never had steak and shake and I reallyyy want to try it. 

Second of all you have a family to show for it. You've had to earn that! I'm not "old" yet though. I'm dreading the day where I wake up and realize I am haha

Steak and Shake is soooo horribly fatty, but very yummy. We never go there, but I could live off of the milkshakes alone! LOL ....mmmmm......

Yes, I do have a family..the funny part is that all 19 years that I've been out of HS, I've been with my husband. We will celebrate 21 years together later this year and 17 years of marriage this year too. I have to say that having this family is the greatest accomplishment of my life over the past 19 years. It took a long time to come to fruition, but these girls and Heath are sooo worth it! 

My mom laughed at me when I told her about my epiphany yesterday morning. She told me that she loved her 30s and 50s the most... she is 63 now. I told her that I absolutely LOVE the 30s..it just occured to me all of a sudden that I'm getting older and I was shocked by the realization.I feel like I did in my teens and 20s most of the time, so it was surprising to realize that I'll be 37 in 2 weeks! LOL I just hope I can feel this great when I'm her age. I actually aspire to be my MIL's mother- Grandmama...she will be 82 in a few weeks and she is an avid golfer and is pretty active for her age. She went to China with us when we adopted Lilly and she was 77 when she went. She was quite the rock star when we were on The Great Wall. 

I would never want to be in my 20s again....I love my life now. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN