Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

No matter what I do....

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:13 AM
  • 11 Replies

I am not losing weight.  I have tried EVERYTHING, I changed my diet, exercise daily, and am taking some all natural supplements that are doc approved.

What else can I try????

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:45 AM

Changed your diet? You mean eating more or less? are you eating your BMR?  

mommyof3lilboys
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:54 AM

I am eating healthy foods, no fast food, no soda, no candy, no cookies, no ice cream, basically no junk foods. I eat 1400 calories a day.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

alandou
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm new here but from what I have learned, just 1400 calories may be too little. I know I eat too little and if we don't eat enough then our bodies go into starvation mode and store the fat.  The other members will be able to help you better than I can :)

Quoting mommyof3lilboys:

I am eating healthy foods, no fast food, no soda, no candy, no cookies, no ice cream, basically no junk foods. I eat 1400 calories a day.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:46 AM

Do you know your BMR?  You might not be eating enough food to be honest.  We can help with your BMR...just need your age, height, weight, and # of days you workout each week.

Quoting mommyof3lilboys:

Quoting MamaKarrot:

twinsies041
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:51 AM

I've also learned that no junk food and no processed foods are two different things. I used to thing stuff like hamburger helper, kraft macaroni and cheese, rice a roni etc. was okay if I was eating a small amount. When I cut out all of that I lost much more weight!! I still cheat occasionally (I love shells and cheese) but the cleaner you eat the better :)

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:47 AM

Everything? What does that encompass? 

Will you give me a days worth of food that you eat to look at and possibly offer suggestions? 

What kind of exercise and how often? 

Where did you get 1400 calories? Are you tracking on a website or by hand? 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:58 AM

This is totally true.  Even just the last month I was eating the lowest end of my BMR, but working out HARD.  I finally lost 1lb last week after upping my eating to compensate for those workouts.  Definitely not enough calories. (I eat 1700-2000 on a normal day)

Quoting alandou:

I'm new here but from what I have learned, just 1400 calories may be too little. I know I eat too little and if we don't eat enough then our bodies go into starvation mode and store the fat.  The other members will be able to help you better than I can :)

Quoting mommyof3lilboys:

Quoting MamaKarrot:

rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM

1400 probably isn't enough. I'm eating between 1770 and 2100 depending on how much I work out that day. 1770 is if I do NOTHING. Definitely check your BMR so you can really figure out how much to eat. And make sure you're eating a variety of foods.

JCakebread
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:39 PM

I agree- have us calculate your calories for you.  Also, what exactly have you tried?  What is healthy eating to you?

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN