Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Wtf scale!?!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM
  • 6 Replies
So I seemed to have gone up about 2 lbs at the beginning of the month ( I started my lifestyle change 28 days ago) and I knew it was probably due to period. I was right it dropped off in a few days. But I'm eating the proper Amt of cals and exercising but I seem to have gone up from 152 to about 153.8 an in between the past 2 days!

I have pain in my abdominal area and I have ibs I think I may have a small obstruction or badly constipated even though I'm able to pass something it feels like I have something left in there if that makes sense.

Could this be causing my weight fluctuation? I was so excited 3 days ago I was almost 151! And so excited to say goodbye to the 150's. But I've just come to a halt! I'm not doing anything different. Still drinking water still eating healthy and exercising... Wtf?!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
newmom0508
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:59 AM
Try taking a fiber supplement or eating more fiber. It happens and is natural to fluctuate don't let it get you down
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Being a little stopped up can definitely affect your weight. Or lots of times I'll gain a couple of lbs in a day and then lose it again a few days later. It seems like some people's weight stays kind of steady and drops slowly and for some of us it's up 1 down 2 up 2 down 2 up 1 down 2. Lol. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:35 PM

I'm the same way as Stef.  My scale is up down up down constantly.  It's more up than down to be honest, LOL.  Anything from sodium, BMs, and whatever can all contribute to that.

Quoting Stefanie83:

Being a little stopped up can definitely affect your weight. Or lots of times I'll gain a couple of lbs in a day and then lose it again a few days later. It seems like some people's weight stays kind of steady and drops slowly and for some of us it's up 1 down 2 up 2 down 2 up 1 down 2. Lol. Gl

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

I would say that sounds like normal weight fluctuations. Some weeks will be more successful than others, even when you're doing everything right.  Then you'll cheat, and lose a pound!  LOL  That's just kind of part of the game.  

My weight can fluctuate by 3-4 lbs a day.  

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

SMLemos
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM

I also had issues with digestive issues for a little while and that make my weight loss slower than it could of been.  Once I found a remedy for that the weight has steady been dropping each week.

What kind of workout are you doing?  When did you last calculate your calorie requirements?  As you loose weight or increase your activity level you also have to adjust your calories, so if you not getting enough calories it could cause your body to stop loosing the weight since it feels like it is being starved.  That's a possibility., especially since you are around the 30 day mark.   

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Yep, these ladies are right...your weight will fluctuate each day based on many factors so don't get discouraged mama!  Keep going!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)