Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

does any one if there is a website or something to find out calories ?

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

let's say I'm cooking something and i want to know the calories per servings , But i don't want to add each ingredients up one buy one.

I probably don't make sense but if anyone gets what i mean is there a way? thanks.

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:54 PM

Unless your cookbook or recipe states the calories, you need to enter all the ingredients seperately to figure out the calories. My advice? Join a site like My Fitness Pal. You can enter your ingredients into a recipe form and it will not only calculate the per serving calories, but it saves it so all you have to do is re enter the specific recipe into your food log.

aprilsalcro
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM

thanks ! i'm on mfp and didn't know that

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Unless your cookbook or recipe states the calories, you need to enter all the ingredients seperately to figure out the calories. My advice? Join a site like My Fitness Pal. You can enter your ingredients into a recipe form and it will not only calculate the per serving calories, but it saves it so all you have to do is re enter the specific recipe into your food log.

rockinmomto2
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:59 PM

Yeah. If you go under the food log, there will be a tab for recipes. That's how I enter all my stuff that uses a lot of ingredients.

Quoting aprilsalcro:

thanks ! i'm on mfp and didn't know that

Quoting rockinmomto2:

charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I add them one by one and figure it out myself- but I don't always use the oil or butter or whatever that some stuff calls for- so the calories listed on a site would probably be wrong for how I make it.

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 14, 2012 at 11:38 PM

I do the same thing on SparkPeople.  I love being able to do that!!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:36 AM

Yep, I agree with these ladies...enter each ingredient and you'll find out that way...good luck!

ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM
This.

Quoting rockinmomto2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jzscolese
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 9:22 AM

http://www.everydayhealth.com/

Go under "Food and Fitness" and choose My calorie counter. .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN