Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

All beginners!

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM
  • 30 Replies
1 mom liked this
What workoutS do you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I do Zumba a couple days a week (an hour class),  walk either outside or on our treadmill,  I have 3lb weights thtat I use a couple days a week for my arms, and I have some dance dvd's (mostly belly dance) that have some yoga as well as isolations and routines that right now-I do once a week

km1970
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:25 PM

When I first started I did Leslie Sansone videos  called Walk Away the Pounds...she has quite a few. You can pick and choose how many miles you want to "walk" in your living room, but she also incorporates arm movements and different leg positions.

The second video I did was the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels...

kksmomma1019
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I have two busy little boys so I try to just stay active with them...I run around with them at the park, go for walks on trails, play tennis, go swimming, play the wii fit. Doing that stuff with them is fun and easy. On my own I've done 30 day shred and like to walk outside.
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I'm not a beginner, but when I was, I started with the Biggest Loser Wii game workouts.  They were about 15-30 minutes, and it was cardio (like jumping jacks) paired with squats and whatnot.  I also took a LOT of walks. 

MommyRJ
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:38 PM
So far just my elliptical

But adding in Biggest Loser Cardio max& BL Power Sculpt this week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof2ex1
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:49 PM
I started by just walking the treadmill and then added the elliptical. I also do Pilates and have started some resistance training at the gym.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daisyducc
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM
I am beginning again after a workout hiatus...and I am doing Jillian michaels 30 day shred, Prevention Blast Fat in 30, and Crunch Pilates. I don't do the same thing everyday, I figure as long as I am moving, I will get results. I am also walking when I can. Today, we went to the park, and I pushed my toddler on her trike around the perimeter once, then sent her off to play with DH while I did the loop a couple more times on my own.
Mare1180
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:00 PM
I did hip hop abs & the firm. Now im just walking 5-7 miles a day and changing my diet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM
Zumba, gym, pilates
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nlonnon
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Treadmill and various DVDs, I still do them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN