Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health
What workoutS do you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 3:16 PM
Replies (21-30):
sweetktn
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 10:25 PM

Right now, just walking but I do have a membership to the local community center where they have a full equipment room, pool, indoor walking track, and hot tub which I plan on using lol. Just have to get my babysitter to show up so I can go :( And when we can get the extra money DF is going to buy the Zumba games for WII and the fitness thing and something else, not sure what it was he said. He doesn't really need to lose anything, I'm the one that has the problem but he is being supportive and wants to do that stuff too. Says it looks fun and he's very shy so doesn't do anything where other people can see him. 

Jace1028
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:13 PM
This is exactly what I do, except its the dvd, not wii game.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

I'm not a beginner, but when I was, I started with the Biggest Loser Wii game workouts.  They were about 15-30 minutes, and it was cardio (like jumping jacks) paired with squats and whatnot.  I also took a LOT of walks. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Treasure419
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Hi everyone I have been trying to get healthy and lose some extra pounds I put on since I quite smoking three years ago. I was walking three miles a day or using a treadmill for a 30 minute workout and a few weight work outs in a local gym through a local church but have recently stopped due to tax season the busiest time for me.

Christy619
by Christy on Apr. 16, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I started off by walking. Then started couch25k and turbofire.

chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 16, 2012 at 9:09 AM

When I was a beginner I loved the Prevention Get Moving DVD and also the Biggest Loser Walking workout dvd,

mama2gg
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I started with p90x which is KICKING my butt lol , I am unable at this time to finish polymetrics or Kempo but I can do everything else which makes me feel GREAT ... I changed my whole life style I cleaned out the kitchen of EVERYTHING box,bagged or frozen and went shopping for fresh,clean and lean food :)

Punkylu78
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 2:48 PM
I do 6 week 6 pack by Jillian Micheals. I started week 3 today and am down 5 lbs and starting to notice less "flab" in my mid-section. :) I also bought another one of her DVDs I'm going to do when I get done with this one. It's call Shed & Shred.
Crashmonster1
by Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:25 PM

90 mins of cardio Mon-Fri and then incoorporate lifting into that.  My cardio  consists of running mostly but I am trying to change the game up a little bit and do the mountain biking bit as well as adding in the eliptical

katiebug840204
by Bronze Member on Apr. 16, 2012 at 4:29 PM
On Mondays I take a cardio/Kickboxing class. On Fridays I take a dance class. Tuesday, wedenaday and some Saturdays I do 20 minutes on elliptical, 20 minutes on treadmill and 20 minutes strength training.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laughing-matter
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I started off doing cardio at the gym (elliptical and bike) and weight training 4 days a week.

Now I'm adding 30 Day Shred 3 times a week and 2 days of gym workouts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN