Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

water intake need help

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM
  • 10 Replies
OK so I need help wit figuring a way out to drink more. I need to drink a 145 ozs a day and I barely can do 64ozs a day. I'm never thirsty. How do u ladies drink half ur body weight in ounces?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM

Slowly work up. Add another 8 ounces tomorrow and stick with that for a few days.

blackoceanveiw
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM
OK ill try. I don't get how I could go a whole day without a drink n b fine.

Quoting asaffell:

Slowly work up. Add another 8 ounces tomorrow and stick with that for a few days.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:09 AM
I'm never thirsty either. I used to chug water, like 32Oz, after a workout but I haven't done that in a while. I don't know how I used to drink can after can of soda.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:12 AM

Yep, work your way up...you can do it!  Add a few ounces each day until you're at your goal.

Jay9xoxo
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
Keep a huge water bottle with you at all times during the day. I have two 53 oz water bottles that I drink every day; I'm constantly dragging it around everywhere. I also put a little water inside at night and stick it in the freezer. It's easier for me to drink ice cold water. And I chug water when I'm dripping sweat. It just feels so good for my body to be so hot and feel that coldness go down into my belly. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charlotsomtimes
by Gold Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:25 AM

I'm drinking 50-60 a day now-and a few weeks ago it was maybe 30.  I'm gonna start adding more a bit at a time.  I'm not longer feeling sloshy and bloated and gross from that much so maybe it's time to increase it a little more. 

Everything takes time I think and this is no different.  Just add more as you feel you can I guess

mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:33 AM
Try to chug 2 cups of water before meals and 1-2 after. That should help you reach your ounce goals.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Deb51956
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM

Try strategically placing the appropriate amount of water bottles around your house/apt like near the telephone, living room,  etc this way it will remind you to drink. In the evening go around & calculate what you have drank & refill for tomorrow. Repeat process

BrittBurke
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM

Set alarms for yourself, maybe every 2 hours to refill a 16oz glass of water. If you finish it before the alarm fill it up right away and change the alarm

gotnothinonme
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:21 PM

I'm with you, I don't drink much of ANYTHING during an average day, but I'm trying to add more and more water- right now I drink a large glass of water when I wake up, and 2-4 glasses more through out the day, any more than that I have to pee every two seconds, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)