Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just posted this on my FB and was curious on your thoughts ladies

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:06 AM
  • 2 Replies
3 moms liked this

Ok so we all know I am on this new journey in you will to change my lifestyle.  And really not doing to bad at all a few stumbles and still so much to learn but well I suppose it's to be expected.  The last couple months I have been watching The Biggest Loser and had been thinking about trying to get on there.  But after much thought I have decided against it Why you may ask?  And here it is, it's not the "motivation" that the trainers give (oh how I miss that motivation from Susan and miss Toby cursing at the end of boot camp as we "rowed to shore") It's not the learning to eat better (I could use some extra help in that catagory). It's that the contestants are always so scared to go home, they almost always seem to not believe in themselves, or that they can continue on their path when they get home.  At least doing this at home I know that I can make it work, I can change my life while I am living it, while I am balancing all the fun stuff that has to be balanced.  Don't get me wrong that show is pretty great and they really are doing some pretty amazing things, and oh yeah I could use 250k.  But for now I'll take my baby steps, stumble, get back up and move one.  So any thoughts on this? I'd love to hear them.  

The above is almost word for word what I put on my FB the only thing I took out was last names of my old trainer and her husband.  Again please don't misunderstand I think that Biggest Loser is a great show and I do use it for motivation and love to see the workouts they do, this is just my own personal thoughts that I am now sharing with the wonderful world of cafemom.  

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Makes perfect sense to me...I think most of them want to win the show though...I know I would if I were in their shoes!  You CAN do this on your own at home mama...I KNOW you can!

melisoto253
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:21 AM
1 mom liked this
I completely understand.. and thats how yu progress baby steps and moving forward.. much luck and have fun while doing so..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)