Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Monica's (boricua3177) Weight Loss Journal

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 6 Replies

I am joining this group to get some motivation about my weight loss goals.  I keep making resolutions, excuses & never really do anything about it.  I will honestly say I don't really like the way I look.  I feel fat, unattractive, & sloppy.  I project how I feel about myself onto my DH (who has no problem with the way I look BTW).  I know this is contributing to the decline in our sex life.

While on maternity leave, I lost 20lbs.  I came back to work and started eating junk & gained every single pound back.  I am ashamed of myself for that. 

I want to lose weight but my actions don't match my words.  I just don't understand it.  I am aware that I am the only one that can do this, but yet I sabotage myself over & over again. That is the most depressing part, that I mess it up for myself every single time.

I went to the doctor in February and I weighed 214lbs, he said I should be weighing 140lbs.  That's 74lbs I need to lose according to him.  However, at 140lbs I think I look way too skinny.  I am going to break it down into smaller goals.  Here are my goals:

1.  Lose 25lbs by September 1st (my sister's wedding)

2. Lose another 15lbs by Thanksgiving

3. Lose another 25lbs by My birthday (March 1st)

I think this is attainable, what do you think?  Support & advice encouraged....

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
boricua3177
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:01 PM
1 mom liked this

OK....today I haven't been too bad wtih my eating.  Had some Craisins & some crackers.  Drank lots of water.  I am going to get on my elliptical machine after the baby goes to bed.  No excuses....35 minutes of elliptical machine will help me burn these calories.

I'm in the mode!

ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 3:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Plans look great! Keep pushing through!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
boricua3177
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Plans look great! Keep pushing through!

Thanks, mama!!!  I am motivated to do what I have to do to get this weight off.  I want to feel good about myself again!

boricua3177
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:58 AM

I have just recruited one of my friends from work to walk/jog with me on weekends.  She too wants to lose weight & get toned, so hopefully we can motivate each other.

boricua3177
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:47 PM

This evening, I plan on doing 30 minutes of my kettle bell work out DVD and 30 minutes of elliptical.  I need to amp up my weightloss journey. 

Stefanie83
by Ruby Member on May. 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM
Great goals! Good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)