Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

30 day shred, Tips, advice, encouragement?

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM
  • 39 Replies

So two years ago I lost about 40 lbs. Then I got pregnant, gained 40 lbs back and after baby was born I gained 40 MORE pounds! I am at my heaviest weight ever (253). It's depressing and I am ready to make change. My goal is to lose 75 lbs (back to pre baby weight)I have a gym membership and I go when I can but thats only about 1-2 times a week cause my husband works alot and I have to stay home with the baby. So I broke down and bought Jillian's 30 day shred. I am ready to do this. Goin to take before photos and measurements today and start the process.

I'd like anyones input on how you keep motivated to keep it up, and what to expect. Im eating healthy. Fruit or veg at every meal and snack and lean protein.  Cutting out the sugar (big obstacle for me). and avoiding my late night snacking.(another big one for me).

So, lets hear what you have to say! Thanks

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:28 AM

A lot of ladies in here love the Shred DVD. I bet they chime in here for you! 

You can do it!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

raegansmom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM

I just bought it yesterday & after I finish this bottle of water, I'm going to pop it in & get started!  Good luck to you!  If you would like we can check in with each other daily & make sure we are doing it.  PM me if you're interested.

MsAntoine
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:38 AM
I'm on day 6 you will be a little sore the first two days but after you'll be fine. I've heard a lot of great reviews from the ladies who have completed it. So far so food for me. Good Luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaNiShA521
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:39 AM

Quoting raegansmom:

I just bought it yesterday & after I finish this bottle of water, I'm going to pop it in & get started!  Good luck to you!  If you would like we can check in with each other daily & make sure we are doing it.  PM me if you're interested.

Sounds like a great idea! Could be just what i need!

Sammycakes69
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM
I'm 15 days into it! 4lbs down and a bunch of inches off! I love the shred. It's a love hate relationship really. The first few days are hard but it's only 20 minuets long.

Start with level 1 and follow Anita the first day then work your way from there to the advanced moves until it gets easier. I moved to level 2 at day 7. It feels much easier than level 1 day 1 because your endurance is getting better. Then at day 10 I started doing level 1 and 2 a day resting in between. I'll move to level 3 after level to is easier. <- that's just how I did it work at your own pace listen to your body!

A few tips ive learned thus far: always eat before you start, get 3 lbs hand weights at first, you will be sore but it will start to feel like a good sore! And finally stay hydrated!

You can do this! Its a month (or more) out of your life and if you give it your all the will definitely be positive results!

Good luck momma!
raegansmom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:43 AM

:o)  Alright, here I go...I'm off to do my first 30 Day Shred.  I will check in after I'm done & let you know I'm still alive!

Quoting KaNiShA521:

Quoting raegansmom:

newmom0508
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:51 AM
I should be getting mine in the mail any day now if you guys want someone else to do it with

Quoting KaNiShA521:

Quoting raegansmom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
raegansmom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:38 AM

Sure!  The more the merrier! 

I just finished my first time.  I think I started too high with 5lb weights.  My arms are going to fall off & my legs are quivering!

Quoting newmom0508:

I should be getting mine in the mail any day now if you guys want someone else to do it with

Quoting KaNiShA521:

Quoting raegansmom:

Jay9xoxo
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Stick with it. I've never worked out daily before this DVD. So after the first two days I was so sore and wanted to give up so bad. But I was sick and tired of being out of shape. So I pushed through it and did the whole 30 days; 10 days on each level. Push yourself as hard as you can. Do not cheat, because then you will be cheating yourself. I think 20 minutes of hard work and pain; even though it's good pain; is totally worth the end result.

For motivation? Along with doing the whole 30 days, eating healthy, drinking only water and walking daily, I lost 30 lbs. here are my before and after for some motivation:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jay9xoxo
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Sorry I'm mobile so one pic per reply lol. This is before; 185 lbs size 12
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)