Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

"Healthy" Cocktails

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM
  • 17 Replies

So I had a craving for some Sangria, but usually I make it with a few different kinds of fruit juice and it can get pricy. Also lots of sugar in the fruit juices. So I had a thought. I had some Walmart brand Crystal Light type stuff (Cherry Limeade flavored). I mixed it with some red wine (cabernet) and added some strawberries for the fruit. It wasn't too bad! I mean, not as great as my normal Sangria but not too shabby either. And guilt free! I think next time though I'm going to add in some Sprite Zero to it :o)  

Anyone else have their own "healthy" receipes for adult drinks? I usually reach for a Michelob Ultra when I want to drink something but I was wanting something summertimey/ girly to drink :o)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:17 AM

lol I usually make calories for a class of shock top (beer) my favorite.

I also really love cranberry juice and grape vodka, and now I half the juice and put in sparkling water or club soda.  Still yummy. :)

rebekahmuse
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:19 AM

That sounds yummy! I like vodka and grapefruit juice but I tried the sugar free kind and it was pretty gross.

Quoting MamaKarrot:

lol I usually make calories for a class of shock top (beer) my favorite.

I also really love cranberry juice and grape vodka, and now I half the juice and put in sparkling water or club soda.  Still yummy. :)

brlee1115
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:55 AM

So funny...I was thinking the same thing!! Crystal Light has Mohito, Margarita, Appletini and another one. No calories from that and add your own twist. Great minds do think alike!! LOL

rebekahmuse
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I didn't know they had that! Is it by the regular crystal light stuff or the drink mixes? I'm going to have to try that out :o)

Quoting brlee1115:

So funny...I was thinking the same thing!! Crystal Light has Mohito, Margarita, Appletini and another one. No calories from that and add your own twist. Great minds do think alike!! LOL

TessB
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:04 PM
I do vodka and cranberry if I haven't saved my calories but if I can afford the calories I like kona beer, long board, or wine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrisnjoesmom
by Adrienne on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM

I know Hungry Girl has recipes like that and also Bethanny from the Real Housewives has a company called Skinnygirl that makes bottled light alcoholic drinks I think at Walmart but I don't ever see them at my Walmart but I am in the middle of nowhere, lol

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:36 PM

I don't drink very often...when I do I have a glass of wine or a margarita...good ideas though!  Thanks for sharing!

newmom0508
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:38 PM
I love the margarita one even without the alcohol... All you need is some salt and a lime wedge lol

Quoting brlee1115:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alandou
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 5:12 PM

by the crystal light

Quoting rebekahmuse:

I didn't know they had that! Is it by the regular crystal light stuff or the drink mixes? I'm going to have to try that out :o)

Quoting brlee1115:

brlee1115
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Crystal Light makes them. One packet make 2 qts.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN