Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

GAME ON followup! Yeah!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM
  • 5 Replies

So, I've completed my third week of four and I am now . . . 120 pounds!  I had stalled and felt crummy then I joined a bunch of people, now friends, to do this Game On! plan.  I started at 126 and I am now 120.  That's two pounds a week.  I have never lost so much so fast but I feel really good.  We end next week and I should be at my initial goal of 118. 

We decided to take a week off and start again on May 9.  Initially after two kids and living a healthy lifestyle I had been 110 and happy.  When we moved to Seattle I started to put on the pounds.  I may see 110 again by Christmas. 

Getting support from the Game On teams and support here at Healthy Weight Loss has been really important for me. 

I'm  in New Mexico right now visiting my mom but when I get home I'll post befoe and after photos.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement since January.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
BrittBurke
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:31 AM

what is Game on?

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Congratulations on your weight loss!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

newmom0508
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:32 AM
What is game on?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DRWilliams
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:06 PM
Game on is a weight loss competition. It can be started by any group anywhere. You purchase a book, the Gme On book, and follow the rules. It's a very easy read and the diet is similar to the Zone diet. Five meals a day, portion controle and no alcohol, except on your day off. You get points for meals, sleeping seven hours or more, starting a good habit, breaking a bad habit, and exercising 20 minutes a day. You also need to communicate with at least one member of your team and at least one member from another team each day. It's the team dynamic that seems to make it work so well.
Let me know if you have any additional questions. I'm happy to answer.
darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Great job mama!  Keep up the good work!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)