Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

6LBS GONE...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM
  • 16 Replies

Im 6 lbs lighter :-) not that its a big difference but it is a start. I went to my dr.s appointment the other day and got weighed in and it said that I lost 6 lbs. The visit before said that I had gained 10lbs from the last time I was weighed. I was really depressed, and told my dr about it cause I was doing all that I could to lose weight but nothing was working and I just kept gaining. So he put me on adipex and scheduled me to come back in a month to see if it was working, and thats when I found out the other day at the dr.s that i lost 6 lbs. I also had my IUD taken out a week ago and I have been bleeding none stop and I think that when I had it taken out thats when I started losing weight. I still need to lose  80-90 lbs! It seems so far away. And I wander if I will ever get there?.... Im still wearing prego pants cause I cant find regular pants that fit me comfortably and EVERYTIME I walk into a store to go clothes shopping I always get really depressed, and start crying. And then I say F- it and just walk out. Im trying my hardest to stay strong and not break down. This is the second time I have been on birth control and the first one was the depo shot and omg that made me super fat when I stoped going to get it done I started loseing weight big time I went from a size 18 to a size 11 and then after I had my son a month later I got back on birthcontrol and it was the IUD and once again I just kept gaining weight, lost my sex drive, and was still hormonal like I was still prego. :( I had it removed a week and 2 day ago and I have already lost 6 lbs. But I never gave my body time to heal and lose weight after I had my son. So now im thinking will my body ever be the same? My son is my first child so I dont know what to expect my body to do? Sorry this is long, I was just sharing the good news and relieving my thoughts. God bless yall, and thanks for reading.

**11.11.11 & 11.18.2010**i rock

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on the loss. :) Sometimes it's hard to look at the number total you need to lose.  Just take it a day at a time.

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:04 AM
When I had my iud I couldn't lose weight for nothing. When I removed it the weight started to come off
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by *Andrea* on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I always, without fail, gain weight on bc. It makes me so hungry. I gained a ton of weight with the mirena. I just removed my nuva ring because I swear it was causing me to over eat.

Congrats on the loss! I have about 70 pounds to lose :( don't look at the big number, it's daunting, look at small goals. 4 more pounds and you've lost 10 pounds! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:15 AM
Congrats

miller060905
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Those IUDs will get you. I had one after my oldest was born and gained almost 30 lbs in 6 months! It ended falling out (my body doesn't do well with anything foreign) and almost all the extra weight came off really fast and easy..... And then I got pregnant with youngest. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrzPalmer
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Thats what im hoping will happen, i've never had a problem loseing weight before until I got on birth controls both times then it was hard to lose the weight until I stoped getting it. And my second time I didnt give my body time to regulate and get its self on track before I went and got on the Mirena IUD. So now I dont know what to expect from my body from coming off the birthcontrol and had a baby. Well hes more a toddler now 17 months old lol..... But either way he will always be my baby. :-)  

Quoting aprilsalcro:

When I had my iud I couldn't lose weight for nothing. When I removed it the weight started to come off

MrzPalmer
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I was just talking to my granny about the nuva ring, I told her that I would look into getting it once i lost alot of weight, I also told her that EVERYTIME I have gotten birth control i just gained weight and couldnt lose it while on it. So my husband and I are just going to be careful until were ready to have kids again. I never really thought about it that way " 4 more pounds and I've lost 10 lbs"  I was just thinking about how much more I have to lose. :( and it does seem so much to lose and it also so far away.

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

I always, without fail, gain weight on bc. It makes me so hungry. I gained a ton of weight with the mirena. I just removed my nuva ring because I swear it was causing me to over eat.

Congrats on the loss! I have about 70 pounds to lose :( don't look at the big number, it's daunting, look at small goals. 4 more pounds and you've lost 10 pounds! :)

aprilsalcro
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:34 PM
What iud did you have ?

Quoting miller060905:

Those IUDs will get you. I had one after my oldest was born and gained almost 30 lbs in 6 months! It ended falling out (my body doesn't do well with anything foreign) and almost all the extra weight came off really fast and easy..... And then I got pregnant with youngest. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miller060905
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 3:41 PM
The minera (sp)

Quoting aprilsalcro:

What iud did you have ?

Quoting miller060905:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
reneawesley
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 12:11 AM

Congratulations on your loss so far!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)