Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need of a good pair of workout/walking shoes :)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM
  • 6 Replies

I don't have a good workout shoe. The closest I have are converse, and they aren't supportive at all. I don't really want to pay more than 80$.

What is a good, supportive workout/walking shoe?

Thank you ladies

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mamadrama15
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM

I wear sketchers shape ups. Didn't spend too much on them think it was less than $50. They are really comfortable for me and I just love wearing them especially for walking. 

newmom0508
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:40 AM
I like the shape ups too but only for waking running in them is unsafe because they are not level. I have a pair of nikes for jogging that I live they are gray turquoise and lime green
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:42 AM

It really depends on your foot.  I found my perfect pair of shoes by going to the store and trying on everything regardless of its looks, lol.

I had been walking the mall all day and my feet hurt, and I knew I found the right pair when I tried them on and I felt relief in my back and legs and feet.  I was like, this is it.  

I ended up buying Mizuno brand.  They were normally $100 but I paid $69.  

So I say just try everthing.

KCisPaulsMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Agree with MamaKarrot. I have flat feet and pronate, so I need a shoe with good arch support and motion control. New Balance has a lot of different shoes for that.

edelweiss23
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Try your closest Nike or Rebook outlet. I got my running shoes there for less then $50
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:12 PM

It really will depend on your foot and stride. Personally, I RUN in Brooks Ghost 4s and I do weights, other cardio/Plyometrics in Brooks Ghost 3s. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)