Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Day 2 of Couch 2 5k done :D

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

According to my fitbit (which I love), I've walked 17,700 steps so far today, and 7.6 miles.  About 2 of those miles were a mix of jogging and brisk walking, utilizing my Couch 2 5k app on my iphone.  Now, if I was just not so impatient to see some serious weight loss!  I've set a mini goal of getting under 140 (I weigh 145 now), with my first long term goal of 125, and then 115 as my ultimate goal :)  How's everyone doing with their diet/exercise today?

To one, it is ten years of years.... Yet now, and in this place, Surely she lean'd o'er me--her hair Fell all about my face ....Nothing: the autumn-fall of leaves.  The whole year sets apace.
(The Blessed Damozel~Dante Gabriel Rossetti)
Daisypath Wedding tickers

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
swesolek6
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:31 PM

im waiting on some exercise dvds in the mail, and i dont have couch to 5k til tomorrow(week 4 day 3 babyyy) so i have no exercise to do today. im tempted to go for a run tonight..... but i know i shouldnt. but i want to lol!

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM

Good job! I might try to get a 4-5 mile run in tomorrow since it is an Asylum rest day, but I'm not sure I'll get time to do it since I'm room Mom and we have a class party tomorrow and I have to run some errands as well. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Threes.Company
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Good for you!!  Congrats on a succesful workout day!

Today I biked 15 miles on the stationary bike doing the random hill program on level 8.  I burned 642 calories and finished the 15 miles in 43 minutes.  My rpms were in the 100-118 range the whole time, so I was biking fast.  I wanted to run afterwards, but Aunt Flo came today and rained on my parade.  :(  I felt like crap, so all I could handle was the biking today!

lhiannan
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:54 AM

What dvd's are you getting?  And congrats on your progress with c25k :D  I'm planning on doing day 3 today, with a just under 3 mile walk this morning, and doing my run incorporated into the same route later on.  I'm kind of combining c25k with run your butt off, which recommends 4 days a week of running.  There are some really good tips in that book :)  I *might* start doing turbofire, soon, as well. 

Quoting swesolek6:

im waiting on some exercise dvds in the mail, and i dont have couch to 5k til tomorrow(week 4 day 3 babyyy) so i have no exercise to do today. im tempted to go for a run tonight..... but i know i shouldnt. but i want to lol!

To one, it is ten years of years.... Yet now, and in this place, Surely she lean'd o'er me--her hair Fell all about my face ....Nothing: the autumn-fall of leaves.  The whole year sets apace.

lhiannan
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:57 AM

That's awesome!  I don't think my stamina is back up to that level, yet.  I exercised a lot last year, but then we were planning a wedding/florida vacation with the kids, and then we had to find another place to live because of water damage that happened while we were away (and ended up getting our first house!) So, I kind of stopped for awhile and gained about 5 lbs, so I'm trying to get back on track and into a routine again.  I was actually doing pretty well, but then broke my toe (hairline fracture) crushing my foot in the elliptical machine at the gym (don't ask-just know it could only happen to me :P). It's mostly healed, but it still gets sore on my walks/runs...

Quoting Threes.Company:

Good for you!!  Congrats on a succesful workout day!

Today I biked 15 miles on the stationary bike doing the random hill program on level 8.  I burned 642 calories and finished the 15 miles in 43 minutes.  My rpms were in the 100-118 range the whole time, so I was biking fast.  I wanted to run afterwards, but Aunt Flo came today and rained on my parade.  :(  I felt like crap, so all I could handle was the biking today!

lhiannan
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM

How do you like Asylum?  I haven't tried Insanity, yet, but I have done Power 90, tried P90X (not in shape enough yet), Turbojam, and Turbofire...can you tell I'm a beachbody fan?

Quoting mcginnisc:

Good job! I might try to get a 4-5 mile run in tomorrow since it is an Asylum rest day, but I'm not sure I'll get time to do it since I'm room Mom and we have a class party tomorrow and I have to run some errands as well. 

Mare1180
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:59 AM
good job! Add me on fit bit :) mare1180@hotmail.com

Im starting couch to 5k this weekend :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
swesolek6
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:01 AM
I got biggest loser bootcamp, biggest loser last chance workout, billy blanks taebo fat blasting cardio, and I replaced my thirty day shred that went missing in my move.

I really want to do turbo jam but I'm going to wait for that one until we have a bit more money

Quoting lhiannan:

What dvd's are you getting?  And congrats on your progress with c25k :D  I'm planning on doing day 3 today, with a just under 3 mile walk this morning, and doing my run incorporated into the same route later on.  I'm kind of combining c25k with run your butt off, which recommends 4 days a week of running.  There are some really good tips in that book :)  I *might* start doing turbofire, soon, as well. 

Quoting swesolek6:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lhiannan
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM

if you go to beachbody.com, they have payment plans.  That's how I got both Turbojam and Turbofire :)

Quoting swesolek6:

I got biggest loser bootcamp, biggest loser last chance workout, billy blanks taebo fat blasting cardio, and I replaced my thirty day shred that went missing in my move.

I really want to do turbo jam but I'm going to wait for that one until we have a bit more money

Quoting lhiannan:

Quoting swesolek6:

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Quoting lhiannan:

How do you like Asylum?  I haven't tried Insanity, yet, but I have done Power 90, tried P90X (not in shape enough yet), Turbojam, and Turbofire...can you tell I'm a beachbody fan?

Quoting mcginnisc:

I LOVE it! It is harder than Insanity. It cracks me up because during one move that is nuts, Shaun T. says- " If you've done Insanity, this should be cake"... I burst out laughing and said " Ummm...nope, not cake.." 

It is weights with Plyo mixed in as well as some serious cardio that is harder than Insanity as it is a Sports Performance workout. 

I love BB workouts. I have done: P90, P90X, Turbo Jam-2x, some Brazil Butt Lift, Insanity, Yoga Booty Ballet and I'm doing Asylum now. I'm a coach so I buy a lot of programs. LOL... I'm trying to talk Dh into Turbo Fire and Les Mills Pump right now actually...I am going to do Brazil Butt Lift ( full program this time, rather than just dabble in it) on May 20th when I am finished with Asylum ( provided I live through it. LOL). 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)