Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

Finding motivation

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM
  • 5 Replies

My son is almost three now and i'm still holding onto 30.....ok 40lbs of baby weight. Before TJ I will admit i was a health nut, I excercised before and after work and had a pretty active lifestyle in general. Now he is almost three and I can't get motivated to excercise or eat healthy for that matter.  I tell myself running after a hyperactive (possibly ADHD) toddler is enough workout for a person, and that I don't have the time to cook seperate meals for TJ, my husband and myself. Well in a moment of realizing that I am a hypocrite when it comes down to lets put it bluntly "people being FAT".  I have decided to set a goal to loose the 40lbs and more importatly be healthy again. I am setting aside all the excuses and just going for it, after all thats all they are. In reality I can put a hour aside a day to excercise and cook healthy for the whole family. I know everyone can do this whether you have one kid or five, wheather your single or married. As a person who used to work with people had eating disorders i hope i can share some knoledge with you on how to eat proper and find excercise that fits into your life style. I am hoping to get support from ya'll and give support also.....Thats it for now. Hope to hear from you soon!

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mama2gg
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Welcome to the group yeah I used the its too busy line as well now my son is 4 im 50lbs over weight I had to clean the kitchen out and start over I now cook all three meals two snacks work full time go to college and work out with p90x everyday before anyone gets up its hard but worth it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Miss_Monica
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 10:33 AM

Is the P90X as good as it looks?

Spottykitty
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:28 AM
I do like the shakes. It does curve the cravings.
Cmurphy180
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I feel the same way you do!!  I just had my second little one, and gained 40 pounds with her.  I am still holding onto 15 pounds or so, but am feeling it willl never come off because I sometimes feel I have no time to exercise and simply throw together whatever I can for dinner.  It was calming to read that someone else thought that chasing after a toddler was exercise; however now I am seeing that it is not enough.  I saw this group on the site and thought I would take a peek.  Perhaps just hearing another person feel the same will give us all the motivation to kick the weight off!!

darbyakeep45
by Darby on Apr. 22, 2012 at 5:39 PM

We all like different things...I personally didn't like P90X as it wasn't that challenging, but I'm a cardio person and strength training has to be fun and motivating in order for me to do it and I hated Tony Horton...SO annoying!  But there are a lot of people who love that program and love him as a trainer...good luck!

Quoting Miss_Monica:

Is the P90X as good as it looks?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)