Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

HCG Drops Diet

Posted by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello Moms!

My name is Taylor. I am 19 years old and I have a beautiful 9 month old daughter named Gracelyn! I am having such a hard time losing weight! I'm so busy, just like any other mom. I work part time, go to school full time, and I am a single momma! Iam 5'2 and I weigh 140 lbs. I gained about 50 lbs during my pregnancy. Since my pregnancy, I have went up 3 pants sizes. I was in a pants size 3 before I got pregnant but now I am in a size 9! I have heard a lot about these HCG Drops Diet. A friend of mine highly recommended it to me. She has been on it for 3 weeks and has lost 13 lbs! Also, from what reviews I have read, it really works! You take the drops 3 times a day. The first 2 days of the diet you load up on fat! Then on day 3 you start on "phase 2" still use 3 drops a day but only get 500 calories a day. Then, you stay on 500 calories and wok yourself back up in calorie intake. You are only supposed to do the diet for 3 weeks and if you want to do it for longer you are supposed to take 3 weeks inbetween. It is also very important to take these vitamins: magnsium-500mg,Potassium Gluconate-99mg, Chromium Picocinate-1000mg, L Glutamin 500mg, and b12-1000mg.

So...have any other mom's heard about this? Please share your experiences. I'm not sure if I should do this or not. I just really want to lose about 20 lbs. Advice?

by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:55 PM
5 moms liked this

Welcome to the group!

We have a sticky about the dangers of this diet.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/1111/forums/read/16036321/Fad_or_Effective

We usually recommend drinking half your body weight in water, counting calories (on free sites like myfitnesspal.com, sparkpeople.com, livestrong.com) eating lean meats, fruits & veggies, and whole grains, and exercising.

If you'd ever like us to give you a good calorie window to eat within and recommendation of exercise videos you can try, feel free to ask. :)  I've lost 51lbs in the last year eating a lot, eating right, and exercising. You can too. You don't need to take pills, drops, or starve your body to do it.

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:56 PM
3 moms liked this

popcorn

ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:58 PM
5 moms liked this
Don't do it! It's expensive and a scam. The drops are not proven to do anything. People lose weight because they cut back their calorie intake to 500! Which is extremely dangerous!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blackoceanveiw
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM
I tried it momma it worked but I starved. I ended up in the hospital. The ladies here can help u the right way. Get ur bmr done and go from there. Gl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaKarrot
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:03 PM
6 moms liked this

that had better be air popped with no butter or salt. 

sticking out tongue

Quoting mom_of2_n_twins:

popcorn

mom_of2_n_twins
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:15 PM

sealed lip

Quoting MamaKarrot:

that had better be air popped with no butter or salt. 

sticking out tongue

Quoting mom_of2_n_twins:

popcorn

"Turn me around, pick me up, Undo what I've become, bring me back to the place of Forgiveness and Grace, I need you, need your help, I can't do this myself, you're the ONLY one, who can undo what I've become!"

nlonnon
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM
LOL!!

Welcome to the group! There are much better and cheaper way than HCG!

Quoting mom_of2_n_twins:

popcorn

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessPeach06
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:20 PM
I am the same height as you and weighed 143. I cut my calories to 1500 per day and started exercising 5 days per week and lost 30 pounds and have kept it of for 2.5 years. It is much healthier.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rinaann
by on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:22 PM

HCG diet is total BS

there is not nearly enough HCG in those drops to make a difference in the body

we talked about this for about 20 minutes in my physiology class yesterday

Its all in your head and the fact that you cut calories and work out. the pills do nothing 

asaffell
by Silver Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Nooooooo, mama! Not good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)