Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Starting my journey

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM
  • 18 Replies
So I realized yesterday that my heartburn is getting terrible and Im eating way more than usual so I am starting my weight loss journey over. I am 219 at 5'3-4.

My desired weight is 175. I want to tone my thighs and flatten my tummy up. I dont have any exercise videos or exercise equipment and cant afford it so I will be walking up and down the steps 5 times a day 3 times up and down.

I know that wont flatten my tummy though. So what can I do to flatten it?

Ive been eating smaller portions more times a day like I used to. Drinking lots of water and nothing else. For the last week because the weather has been so nice, me and DD take walks or I take her to the park and run around with her. Last time I lost weight before I had her I went from 240 down to 191. I know I can do it. Its going to be hard.

Anyway, thanks for any advice and wish me luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:20 AM

Welcome to the group! 

Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce fat. To flatten the tummy, you have to eat cleanly,  and incorporate cardio, strength and core work into your workouts. 

Do you have Netflix or On Demand? There are workouts available there... or even youtube has workouts as well. Check your local library too. I know you said you can't afford them, but check out Craigslist for DVDs or even look at Walmart- typically $10 or less there. 

Do you count calories or interested in doing so? You can do it for free on one of these sites: www.myfitnesspal.com, www.livestrong.com or www.sparkpeople.com. I can do your BMR for you if you decide to try your hand at counting calories. I need your age, height, weight and the number of days per week you plan on working out. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

whatmynameagain
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I get workout videos from the library. They are free:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briesmomisback
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:24 AM
You did my BMR but I dont remember what post it was so If you dont mind yes!

My mom has netflix and she lets me watch movies so that will work. I will check my local library too! Thank you!

Im 27, 5'3, 219 and 5 days starting from today (Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed and Fri, Im going to rest the other 2 days)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Welcome to the group! 

Unfortunately, you can't spot reduce fat. To flatten the tummy, you have to eat cleanly,  and incorporate cardio, strength and core work into your workouts. 

Do you have Netflix or On Demand? There are workouts available there... or even youtube has workouts as well. Check your local library too. I know you said you can't afford them, but check out Craigslist for DVDs or even look at Walmart- typically $10 or less there. 

Do you count calories or interested in doing so? You can do it for free on one of these sites: www.myfitnesspal.com, www.livestrong.com or www.sparkpeople.com. I can do your BMR for you if you decide to try your hand at counting calories. I need your age, height, weight and the number of days per week you plan on working out. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briesmomisback
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:30 AM
Im going to go today. Thank you :)

Quoting whatmynameagain:

I get workout videos from the library. They are free:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:46 AM

Quoting briesmomisback:

My mom has netflix and she lets me watch movies so that will work. I will check my local library too! Thank you!

Im 27, 5'3, 219 and 5 days starting from today (Sat, Sun, Mon, Wed and Fri, Im going to rest the other 2 days)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Welcome to the group! 

Sure! 

BMR: 1776

Maintenance while working out: 1776*1.55=2752

To lose 1 lb per week: 2752-500=2252

Your ideal calorie range is 1776-2252 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Let me know if you need help!

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

briesmomisback
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:52 AM
Thank you!

Quoting mcginnisc:

Quoting briesmomisback:

Quoting mcginnisc:

Welcome to the group! 

Sure! 

BMR: 1776

Maintenance while working out: 1776*1.55=2752

To lose 1 lb per week: 2752-500=2252

Your ideal calorie range is 1776-2252 calories per day to lose 1 lb per week. 

Let me know if you need help!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMedina90
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:04 PM

I'm using www.myfitnesspal.com I love it! I've lost 6lbs since I started (April 12) Good luck!

UxorQuodMatris.
by Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM
Hey! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Threes.Company
by on Apr. 21, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Welcome! Good luck on your journey!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
itsm3
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2012 at 4:23 PM

eating healthy and exercising is the only way to go.  be patient becuse it will take time but stick with it! 

you can click on my siggy to read about my  journey (been doing this since beginning of january) and today, i was able to fit into my size 4 dress easily that i wore back in 2006!! 

i have an awesome giveaway going:  4-pack of George's Cream.  Content closes April 29.  Click here to enter

visit me at my blog:  vodka and soda | www.lifeinprogress.ca

i'm charting my progress of the 30-day shred  |  journey to a healther me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)