Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7-Day Summer Shape Up, Day 1: Set Realistic Goals

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM
  • 194 Replies

Although this is a quick, 7 Day Shape Up, it’s more a kick-start to a healthier you than a lose-fat-fast boot camp -- you’ll be able to use these tips all year!

First things first:
It’s easy for women, and especially moms, to get down on themselves and discouraged when we see pictures of models and actresses with perfectly toned abs and amazing arms, but the reality is, those people spend major moolah to look that great, and sadly, some of them go to extreme measures to get there.

Working out, eating right, and taking care of ourselves should be about overall wellness and everyday happiness, not a “thin” or “sexy” end-result. Set realistic goals and make these promises to yourself:

• I will not beat myself up for getting off track; tomorrow is a new day.
  • I will not compare myself to any other women; the goal is to be the best ME I can be.
  • I will focus on better health for myself and my family, NOT the # on the scale. 

Commit those to memory or post them where you'll see 'em often!

What are YOUR realistic goals when it comes to weight loss, working out, and living well? Tell us in the replies below; then check out Rachel Murray’s exclusive tips for CafeMoms on the keys to weight-loss success -- they’re realistic and terrific!

jumping rope To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up, click here.

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:51 PM

My goal right now is to work out atleast 20 minutes a day 4-5 days a week

Noni2319
by Chrissy on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM

My current goal is get in a 30 minute workout 5 days a week.

Mrs.Winchester
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I try not to tell myself that I will never eat this or that because I know it's a lifestyle change and I still have a lot of days left in my life!  Instead I focus on making healthy choices and portion control.

hudson.maggie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:54 PM
My goal is to work out at least 20 minutes a day and walk at least 1 mile 5 days.

Also to stay in my calorie limit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM

My goal is to to work out every day for at least 30 minutes

I also want to make healthy choice and not drink soda.

Phippsandrea
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM

my goal is to not get discouraged if i miss a day of working out or if i get off track.

kendrafox
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:57 PM

My goal is to workout for at least 30 minutes 5 days a week and to continue to eat my caloric intake.

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM
First goals? Walk 3 miles, at least 3 days a week. Drink more water than anything else. Eat more veggies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
limestar13
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM

my goal is be consistent working out atleast 3 times a week and eating healthy and less junk and fastfood.

CVislosky
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:59 PM

My goal, is to run a full 5k in October of this year. :) Next month, I'm hoping to at least run half of the March of Dimes 5k.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)