Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape Up, Day 1: Set Realistic Goals

Posted by   + Show Post

Although this is a quick, 7 Day Shape Up, it’s more a kick-start to a healthier you than a lose-fat-fast boot camp -- you’ll be able to use these tips all year!

First things first:
It’s easy for women, and especially moms, to get down on themselves and discouraged when we see pictures of models and actresses with perfectly toned abs and amazing arms, but the reality is, those people spend major moolah to look that great, and sadly, some of them go to extreme measures to get there.

Working out, eating right, and taking care of ourselves should be about overall wellness and everyday happiness, not a “thin” or “sexy” end-result. Set realistic goals and make these promises to yourself:

• I will not beat myself up for getting off track; tomorrow is a new day.
  • I will not compare myself to any other women; the goal is to be the best ME I can be.
  • I will focus on better health for myself and my family, NOT the # on the scale. 

Commit those to memory or post them where you'll see 'em often!

What are YOUR realistic goals when it comes to weight loss, working out, and living well? Tell us in the replies below; then check out Rachel Murray’s exclusive tips for CafeMoms on the keys to weight-loss success -- they’re realistic and terrific!

jumping rope To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up, click here.

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Replies (11-20):
kgmmw
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM
My current weight is 140 and I would like to get down to at least 125. If I don't lose the weight in my tummy, then I want to at least tone it up. I would also like to start eating healthier foods. I work out 4 times s week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srbeusk
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:01 PM
My goal is to be consistent. I have so little motivation that I often quit before I ever really started...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenniy
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:03 PM
My goal, chase my kids for at least 10 mu Utes a day lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HaLeYsMoMmY2011
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:05 PM

One hour a day of working out, even if its just chasing dd around the yard or house. 

ambtrav2kids
by Amber on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:06 PM

To start the 30DS again, keep up with C25k, drink at least 64oz of water daily, and eat clean.

CoachyMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:10 PM

Love these three goals!!!

k_hall1784
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:12 PM
My goal is to never stop trying. I tend to get sidetracked a lot and sometimes get down on myself for it.
Tanya32980
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:15 PM

My goal is to start cutting back more calories

5forjulie
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:17 PM

My goal is to be active as much as I can and watch what I eat 

sexydiva4279
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:24 PM
My goal is to workout at least 4 days a week and to stick to healthy snacks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN