Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape Up, Day 1: Set Realistic Goals

Posted by   + Show Post

Although this is a quick, 7 Day Shape Up, it’s more a kick-start to a healthier you than a lose-fat-fast boot camp -- you’ll be able to use these tips all year!

First things first:
It’s easy for women, and especially moms, to get down on themselves and discouraged when we see pictures of models and actresses with perfectly toned abs and amazing arms, but the reality is, those people spend major moolah to look that great, and sadly, some of them go to extreme measures to get there.

Working out, eating right, and taking care of ourselves should be about overall wellness and everyday happiness, not a “thin” or “sexy” end-result. Set realistic goals and make these promises to yourself:

• I will not beat myself up for getting off track; tomorrow is a new day.
  • I will not compare myself to any other women; the goal is to be the best ME I can be.
  • I will focus on better health for myself and my family, NOT the # on the scale. 

Commit those to memory or post them where you'll see 'em often!

What are YOUR realistic goals when it comes to weight loss, working out, and living well? Tell us in the replies below; then check out Rachel Murray’s exclusive tips for CafeMoms on the keys to weight-loss success -- they’re realistic and terrific!

jumping rope To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up, click here.

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Replies (31-40):
mommyof1262
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM

My goal is to work out 5-6 days a week and loose at least 1 inch off my tummy area and build somw strength

Binkxo
by Member on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM

My current Goal is to train for the 5 Mile Breast Cancer walk on Mother's Day. I have never walked/jogged that far of a distance before. I currently can walk 2 miles up hill (Start on 8 incline on treadmill and end around 15), with a 5 minute break in between. Today, I am starting to walk on flat ground and just going as far as I can. 

annaica
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM
Those are great promises to make. The hardest thing for me is to believe in myself and find ways to curb hunger.

tnvplus2
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:51 PM
My goal is to workout for 30 minutes a day for at least 4 days a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hunnybadgerkins
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My goal is to somehow mentally get through this injury

lucy4891
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM

My goal this week is to work out at least 20 minutes a day for 6 days. 

knittinglady
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:54 PM
My goal is very similar to one of the other replys to work out for at least 20 min a day. And to keep a food log that is the hardest part.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom-1kids-3
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM

My goal is to work out 3 times a week and get my water in every day. 

RobynS
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:55 PM

Since I committed to a 5K (though I'm not a runner!), it's been easier to stay on track with workouts, because I have an event to train for, KWIM? (that's this Friday, btw. Ack!)

I need to work on this first one a bit more:

• I will not beat myself up for getting off track; tomorrow is a new day.
  • I will not compare myself to any other women; the goal is to be the best ME.
  • I will focus on better health for myself and my family, NOT the # on the scale.

But the other two are easier. Have NEVER cared about the number on the scale, but would like to lose some pudge from my belly. Not sure that will ever happen--I think that's just how I'm made.

ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Goals for 4/22-5/22

1. drink at least half of my 66oz water bottle!

2. Eat healthy. Stay in my 1200-1500 cal range.

3. Exercise at least an hour every day!

4. Lose an inch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN