Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

7-Day Summer Shape Up, Day 2: Choose an Activity You Love

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM
  • 207 Replies

Could you walk forever but hate to jog? Do you love to dance? Prefer the outdoors over the gym?

Your mission for today is: Choose a form of exercise that you love!

Not sure what to choose, consider something you've always wanted to try: yoga, running, tennis -- the options are endless!

You'll be much more likely to stick with a workout you enjoy than one you're forcing yourself to get through. Once you've chosen an activity (or activities), get out there and do it! Or mark a start date in the near future on your calendar! Then make a plan to do said activity (or activities) at least 3 times a week. Write it down on the calendar, starting now and for the coming summer months, and plan to cross a day out each time you exercise. Trust us, writing it down -- and crossing it out! -- can be very motivating!

What workouts do you love? Tell us in the replies!

treadmillIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up, click here

by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Safrianna
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

I love Tai Chi! I am on the go from 7am to 11pm today, but I will definitely be all about the Tai Chi tomorrow after work!

musicpisces
by Suzanne on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM

I miss running so much.  But I enjoy weight training, so I'm glad I've been able to do that.  Hopefully the rain will come and go quickly so I can test out my cycling legs again!

Suzanne

"Don't sacrifice what you want most for what you want right now."

hudson.maggie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I was actually talking to DH this weekend about ZUMBA =).. I LOVED Zumba and I want to get back into it!

mommyof1262
by Candy on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Running, Kettlebells and Boxing is what I love to do! 

jewels5525
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM

Love kickboxing.  Love running but can't because of my knees, so i stick with my eliptical.

lovemygirl1108
Try to do some running at the gym and do my zumba wii game too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gmadiane

I love to walk and dance

boricua3177
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM

I Have always wanted to run.  This is a good way for me to motivate myself to start running.  In October there is a 5k marathon that I'd like to run. 

Punkylu78
I love running but don't get to as much as I would like. I also love my Jillian Micheals DVDs, she kicks my ass everyday!!!! :)
SexiSeaBeeWife
Ran this morning and boxing tonight!!! Working at a boxing gym helps!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)