Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Peanut butter vs Nutella

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:32 AM
  • 40 Replies

So I looked at both of the ingredients and nutrition. Nutella is higher in calories but lower in soduim. Peanut better is lower in calories but higher in sodium. Would u spend the extra money to get Nutella? Is Nutella really all that much healthier for you?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lesgerm
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:37 AM
I stick with peanut butter because it's got more protein.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
colbys_mom
by Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this
My son doesn't like it, so we don't buy it. I could sit down and eat the whole jar lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3570
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Quoting colbys_mom:

My son doesn't like it, so we don't buy it. I could sit down and eat the whole jar lol.

I am not a big fan of it. I would rather eat my pb instead.

Hunnybadgerkins
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Id stick with natural PB

Pherlyce
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:46 AM

my kids don't like peanut butter, I don't get them at all. They can tolerate nutella maybe because of the chocolate taste.shrugging

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I cant stand peanutbutter so ive been buying nutella, im the only one that eats it but i dont care and i also love the taste. But i always end up eating it straight out of the jar lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lesgerm
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah I eat natural pb too :)

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Id stick with natural PB

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:55 AM
4 moms liked this

Peanut butter. It is full of heatlhy fats and protein which your body needs as a macronutrient as well as to rebuild and restrand muscles after workouts.

I love Nutella, HOWEVER- look at the ingredient list, not just the calories and sodium. The first ingredient in Nutella is PALM OIL. That is HORRIBLE for you...then, SUGAR, then COCOA...there is nothing redeeming in there except for the hazelnuts, but they are covered up by the fat,sugar and chocolate. Nutella is NOT nutritious at all- the ads are a scam touting it as healthy. 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

momof3570
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:58 AM

Quoting mcginnisc:

Peanut butter. It is full of heatlhy fats and protein which your body needs as a macronutrient as well as to rebuild and restrand muscles after workouts.

I love Nutella, HOWEVER- look at the ingredient list, not just the calories and sodium. The first ingredient in Nutella is PALM OIL. That is HORRIBLE for you...then, SUGAR, then COCOA...there is nothing redeeming in there except for the hazelnuts, but they are covered up by the fat,sugar and chocolate. Nutella is NOT nutritious at all- the ads are a scam touting it as healthy. 

Thanks I thought it would be healthier for you as the ad was saying but when i bought it and compared it not so much. :)

Livin4_AnO
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:02 AM
Same here!

Quoting Hunnybadgerkins:

Id stick with natural PB

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)