Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 4: Sweat, Sculpt, and Tone

Posted by   + Show Post

Cardio workouts will burn calories and help you lose weight, but in order to melt fat, sculpt your muscles, and truly transform your body, you have to incorporate strength training.

Fun toning exercises you can do without equipment include: lunges, tricep dips on a chair or bench, and pilates roll-ups.

Do you have a "trouble spot" or two? Don't we all! The bad news: Trouble spots are troublesome because of genetics, which means they're hardest to target when you're trying to lose weight. The good news: all-around toning, exercise, and eating well will give you all-over results, including in your "trouble spots."

Here are some helpful tips and motivating posts on toning:

What are your trouble spots? Do you have an exercise game plan for improving your body all around, including those areas? Tell us in the replies below!

dumbbellIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Replies (131-140):
eliptica24
Saturday at 1:56 PM
Reader's Delight! Group - CafeMom

This group is dedicated to the avid readers among us! We will have reading challenges, reviews, reading discussions, and a creative writing area!

by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 2:34 PM

stomach mainly. i have had surgeries that have made it harder to lose it. my game plan is just mainly cardo

supergirl_mommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 8:11 AM
My stomach, I am currently looking for a new workout. Have started to eat better.
Alliegracesmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2012 at 9:14 AM
My whole mid section and
The top of my legs!!!!! I can't do lunges cause my knees are
In bad shape! It kills
Me to do them! Any other suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DWells06
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:06 AM

big trouble spot...belly. after having my son 2 yrs ago, the muscle is just not tight anymore so i have a pouch and a bit flabby. i hope to target this area as well as all around body

muse76
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 11:31 AM
My trouble spots are my stomach and thighs. I'm planning to start doing crunches, sit-ups and more walking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Thanks for the tips!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AzHunterGirl11
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:34 AM
I have a ton of trouble spots, but mostly my stomach - especially after DS! I'm doing a Jillian michaels workout and I ride an exercise bike about 3 times a week
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOM2DMSD
by on May. 2, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Tummy. After 2 c-sections, it's going to take a miracle to get a toned belly back. I'm trying by changing my diet and a few workout techniques I was told would help me with my problem areas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lamontfamily
by on May. 2, 2012 at 2:44 PM

My belly, My thighs and My arms I have been walking and i have lost 10 pounds already

LindaClement
by on May. 7, 2012 at 4:58 PM

I am so much more likely to do a strength workout than cardio --I find cardio by itself horribly boring (if I can't read a magazine on the treadmill, I'll be on it for less than 8 minutes!)

I get stronger fast, so it's really rewarding to do heavy weight workouts. Not so, with the cardio.

So... these days, at the gym, I save the weights for 'dessert' after I've done 10-12 minutes of sprint intervals on the treadmill... or played the 'eat the fish' game on the rower...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN