Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 4: Sweat, Sculpt, and Tone

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:05 AM
  • 140 Replies

Cardio workouts will burn calories and help you lose weight, but in order to melt fat, sculpt your muscles, and truly transform your body, you have to incorporate strength training.

Fun toning exercises you can do without equipment include: lunges, tricep dips on a chair or bench, and pilates roll-ups.

Do you have a "trouble spot" or two? Don't we all! The bad news: Trouble spots are troublesome because of genetics, which means they're hardest to target when you're trying to lose weight. The good news: all-around toning, exercise, and eating well will give you all-over results, including in your "trouble spots."

Here are some helpful tips and motivating posts on toning:

What are your trouble spots? Do you have an exercise game plan for improving your body all around, including those areas? Tell us in the replies below!

dumbbellIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beethann
by Beth on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:25 AM

My stomach for sure!! I'm trying really hard to eat clean and do BOTH strength training and cardio. 

gmadiane
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:26 AM

my trouble spot is my belly, I need to find a better exercise because crunches really are not working

mommyof1262
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:27 AM

My tummy and my arms are my "trouble spots". I try to eat clean and use Kettlebells along with Insanity and running.

iuangina
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I'm starting body weight strength training tomorrow.  

My trouble spots are my arms and my stomach.   

BrittBurke
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:29 AM

My tummy gets very pregnant looking, not rolly just round and bloated looking. I do a lot of pilates and yoga to get a good core workout. I do cardio also.

Mrs.Bible
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM
My stomach! I'm trying really hard. Lost 7lb this week. So happy
hudson.maggie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:31 AM

My trouble area is my stomach. I plan on doing insanity to help get rid of the flubb on my tummy and hopefully tone it and the rest of me too.

kgmmw
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:32 AM
My trouble spot is definitely my tummy area. I do Zumba to tone it up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Victorya on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:35 AM
My tummy for sure. A lot of sit-ups and tummy workouts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bbix84
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:36 AM
My butt and thighs. I have a desk job and sitting in a chair all day does not help. I have started walking at an incline at a faster pace on my treadmill to try and slim them back down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)