Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Weight Loss, Fitness & Health Weight Loss, Fitness & Health

7-Day Summer Shape-up, Day 4: Sweat, Sculpt, and Tone

Posted by   + Show Post

Cardio workouts will burn calories and help you lose weight, but in order to melt fat, sculpt your muscles, and truly transform your body, you have to incorporate strength training.

Fun toning exercises you can do without equipment include: lunges, tricep dips on a chair or bench, and pilates roll-ups.

Do you have a "trouble spot" or two? Don't we all! The bad news: Trouble spots are troublesome because of genetics, which means they're hardest to target when you're trying to lose weight. The good news: all-around toning, exercise, and eating well will give you all-over results, including in your "trouble spots."

Here are some helpful tips and motivating posts on toning:

What are your trouble spots? Do you have an exercise game plan for improving your body all around, including those areas? Tell us in the replies below!

dumbbellIf you missed yesterday's activity, you can find it here. To sign up for the 7-Day Summer Shape Up click here.

by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 6:05 AM
Replies (11-20):
mama2gg
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:37 AM
My tummy is a big spot I do a ton of weights so try to help,eating right and going everything I can do lose and tone that thing up

I have found what doesn't work
Set ups are pointless if you have fat over it all you will do is 6 pack your fat
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jewels5525
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM

My tummy ever sense my c-sec 12 years ago.  no matter the number of crunches or pilates excersizes i do, it won't go away.  

mcginnisc
by Claire on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:38 AM

My only "trouble area" is my stomach. I eat cleanly, lift weights and do cardio...so far, nothing has changed over 3 years. I'm guessing I might need a tummy tuck eventually. Oh well... I know I'm healthy and working hard...that is what matters, right? 

Claire

Moderator: Healthy Weight Loss & Adoptive Moms

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Phillipians 4:13

Join theAdoptive Moms group

Slademom09
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Arms, stomach, thighs and butt...so just about everywhere lol. Doing some cardio and strength training. Hopefully it will help me lose some weight and tone those areas up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
northernmommy
by Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM

my "trouble" area is just about everywhere lol. i'm starting from scratch so i need to work on my arms, tummy, legs, butt, everything

.sugar.kisses.
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pinkcsmtlgy
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I use a hulu hoop everyday for my arms, legs and waist.

CoachyMom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

Everywhere, lol

wright1212
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM

hahahaha check out that sweet pea.   yes i hate my thighs. being a former dancer and gymnastics all that wonderful muscle turned to complete mush after kids. So any chance I get all day long i do squats and leg lifts..like literally all day long probably over 200.

sexydiva4279
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 8:50 AM
I'm trying to get my arms really toned. And of course my tummy. I do toning workouts twice a week and lots of zumba classes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)